RE: [MPD-5D] GUN SHOTS AT 3:30AM - Wednesday

  • Maureane O'Shaugnessy
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
      I agree, always call. Everyone should always call when shots are heard
      within their vicinity. The more calls and information the police service
      receives for any one incident, the better they can ascertain the most
      appropriate action. Give as much specific information as you can and do not
      be concerned with how useful the information is.............that's not our
      job.

      If there is a certain protocol that should be followed by anyone calling in
      to 911 to report hearing shots fired within their vicinity, or any other
      pertinent information that would assist us in being the most help to police
      in these situations, it would be helpful to have that information offered to
      us from the police service in either this forum, or at our local meetings.

      Thank you.

      Maureane

      From: "Toby Susse" <toby@...>
      To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] GUN SHOTS AT 3:30AM - Wednesday
      Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:03:26 -0500

      I say ALWAYS call. I would even call 911, rather than 311, if I had just
      heard shots. Hopefully those closer to the situation called, as well, but
      would be better to have too many calls than no calls.