Large pit bulls running around neighborhood

  • josephbarrios93
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2010
      We are having a problem with two large pit bulls running rampant on Hamlin Street near 12th St NE. This evening as I was looking out my back window I saw these two dogs thundering into my back yard chasing each other. They stuck around for a bit then ran back out and around the neighborhood. I heard a whistling nearby that the dogs responded to, but I was unable to ascertain its source.

      This isn't the first time this has happened. I have two small children that could have been seriously injured or worse had they been playing in the yard at the time.

      Each time I've been told to call Animal Control, but last time by the time they got here the dogs were long gone after having threatened workmen on the property. We were told by 311 that the police do not handle this problem.

      Is there any recourse besides waiting an hour for animal control to arrive to take care of what is a serious public safety issue?

      Thanks,

      Joe on Hamlin
    • leslie strothers
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2010
        I have seen one brownish pit/terrier mix with a black/white collie type mix running around 12th street near Girard and Franklin. Called Animal Control but was put on hold too long.

        Leslie on Girard

[...]

      • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2010
          Do you have a possible owner address, animal control is attempting to follow up on this issue
          Commander Lamar D. Greene