OUC? Frustrated trying to report suspicious behavior

  • kuhowes
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2010
      It is so hard to report suspicious behavior. There have been some strange things going on in my alley - behind Jenkins row and Harris Teeter - teenagers loitering, hiding when there was a bust across the street at Potomac Gardens the other night, peeking around the corner.

      Last night, there were two cars parked back there, not legally, and some people are rummaging around in the back of one. I did not go back to investigate with my 3 kids, but it did seem odd. I didn't see anything illegal, but it would be nice if a police car in the area would drive by and just make sure.

      How are you supposed to report suspicious behavior? The operator was very frustrated with me, and told me that I needed to call a different number if no one was in the vehicle. I tried to explain that they were around the corner, near a different car, but I didn't want to go poke around on my own.

      Help me be more effective. What should I say when I call, and do I call 911?
    • DCReardon@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2010

        Is there a Harris Teeter in 5D?  If so, where?  Inquiring minds want to know.

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        MPD-5D-digest@yahoogroups.com
        MPD-5D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • carol fleming
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010
          There is no Harris Teeter in 5D. With the mention of Potomac Gardens, this incident must have occurred in the 1st District in Ward 6.

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/MPD- 5D/join