RE: [MPD-5D] Fwd from Brookland Listserv - Tires Stolen-

  • Quintana, Janice (OUC)
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2010
      I will look into the incident. Can I have the telephone number used to dial 911 so we can find the call for review?

      Thank you,
      Janice Quintana
      Director
      Office of Unified Communication
      911/311

      From: new_believer <ieshia_ali@...>
      Subject: [Brookland] Tires stolen of vehicle
      To: Brookland@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 10:44 AM

      Hey Neighbors, fellow crime fighters,

      Just want you to be aware, last night/early morning about 1:30 my son heard a disturbance outside the house in the alley. He looked down from the third floor to see what it was and there was a silver car in the alley. He knew something was wrong so he called the police and they told him they would call back. He came down the stairs from the third floor and by the time he got down the stairs and outside the car had left. So he check around and found that they had taken two tires off of my car and left it sitting on a brick. The only reason they didn't get all four was because they could not get to them because of the cement wall.

      The police never called back so he called them repeatedly and was put off. He said it took until 4 am for someone to get back to him and take a police report. No one even came out to see what was going on. Is this what we're paying our property taxes for? The steadily increasing expensive property taxes, to experience a four hour delay when calling in a crime in progress. Only to get a call back 3 hours later? (when the shift change) I guess we are on our own in this neighborhood. I have been following the car thefts and other crime that has been going on in this neighborhood. Is this just what we have to live with because the crime is only going to get worse as the summer months approach. Does someone know how to get the police to come out when a crime is being committed or to just simply increase the patrols around this neighborhood or do we have to protect our own property and persons?

      Esther
      on 13th Street NE