Councilmember Mendelson's Public Safety Town Hall Meeting

  • cduffie2005
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2005
      Greetings 5D Residents,
      Councilmember Mendelson would like to invite you to his Public
      Safety Town Hall Meeting on November 10. It will be at the Fifth
      District
      Police Headquarters at 7:00pm. The Councilmember would like to discuss
      issues presently before the Council. He would also like to hear the
      concerns
      of Fifth District residents. We will be joined by members of the US
      Attorneys
      Office. Please spread the word to your friends and neighbors. We look
      forward to seeing you there.
    • Thomas Fulton
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2005
        I WOULD STRONLY ENCOURAGE ALL RESIDENTS TO ATTEND THIS MEETING---IF YOU EVER ATTEND POLICE MEETINGS----THIS COUNCILMAN NEEDS TO SEE THE STRENGTH AND DIVERSITY OF OUR COMMUNITIES---AND HOW WE ALL FEEL ABOUT THESE CONCERNS!!

        WELL SPOKEN CITIZENS WILL COMMUNICATE OUR UNIFIED MESSAGE LOUD AND CLEAR.

        PUT IT ON YOUR CALANDAR---NOW!!!

        TOM FULTON
        ANC 5C03

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 8, 2005
              Last night about 2:00 am, a rapid set of gunshots (10-15) folowed by 2-3 single shots were heard coming from at N St NW and Kirby near the Dunbar High School football field. I called 911 but never heard any officers respond to the call nor did I receive any phone confirmation of them being sent out (I always leave my name and number)

              What happened? and why did no one respond?

              Perhaps Councilmember Mendelson should hold his 'town hall' meetings on the Street of MPD-5D and not in the saftery of the Police Headquarters.  I'd suggest either after midnight or in the middle of the day when our kids are out ... they both seem to be popular times of the day for gunfire in our warzone.

              cduffie2005 <cduffie2005@...> wrote:
              Greetings 5D Residents,
                    Councilmember Mendelson would like to invite you to his Public
              Safety Town Hall Meeting on November 10. It will be at the Fifth
              District
              Police Headquarters at 7:00pm. The Councilmember would like to discuss
              issues presently before the Council. He would also like to hear the
              concerns
              of Fifth District residents. We will be joined by members of the US
              Attorneys
              Office. Please spread the word to your friends and neighbors. We look
              forward to seeing you there.

            • Paul Meyers

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 17, 2007
                  For Immediate Release
                  CONTACT: Jason J. Shedlock
                  April 11, 2007
                  Phone: (202) 724-8779
                  Fax: (202) 724-8099

                  MENDELSON TO HOLD TOWN HALL MEETING ON PUBLIC SAFETY
                  Theme for the citywide session is "Make Public Safety a Community
                  Affair."

                  (Washington, DC) Councilmember Phil Mendelson (At-
                  Large) recently announced that he is holding a Town Hall Meeting to
                  address a wide spectrum of issues related to crime in the District of
                  Columbia. Members of the public are invited to join Mendelson and a
                  number of officials who are slated to make brief presentations and
                  answer questions on topics ranging from crime prevention to
                  prosecution, and detention to rehabilitation.

                  The Town Hall will be held on Monday, April 23rd at
                  Ward Memorial A.M.E. Church from 6:30 until 8:30 pm. Located at 241
                  42nd Street, NE, Ward Memorial is accessible via the Benning Road
                  stop on Metrorail's Blue Line and is also accessible via the V7, U2,
                  and W4 Metrobusses.

                  Confirmed guests at the Town Hall are: Chief of
                  Police Cathy Lanier, DC Attorney General Linda Singer, US Attorney
                  Jeffery Taylor, and Devon Brown, Director of the Department of
                  Corrections. Also invited are representatives from the DC Superior
                  Court, Public Defender Service, Pretrial Services Agency, Bureau of
                  Prisons, and the Court Services & Offender Supervision Agency (CSOSA).

                  "I urge the residents of the District to join me at
                  this Town Hall and take advantage of this opportunity to air their
                  concerns and get straight answers to their questions on public safety-
                  related issues," stated Mendelson. "Not often are all of the key
                  players in one place at the same time, and no issue is too large or
                  too small when it comes to making our neighborhoods safer places to
                  live, work, play, and learn."

                  -30-
                  Currently serving in his third term as At-Large Councilmember, Phil
                  Mendelson is also Chairman of the Council's Committee on Public
                  Safety and the Judiciary. For more information, visit
                  http://dccouncil.us/mendelson/index.html.