Ward 5 Council Race

  • rbrannum@robertbrannum.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      Dear Friend of Ward 5,

      The next DC City Council elections may prove to be a very pivotal point in the
      history of Ward 5 as well as for the District of Columbia, particularly as they
      relate to crime abd economic development. There are some of us in Ward 5 who
      expressed initial and early support for one candidate over the other
      considering to enter the race to replace Councilman Vincent Orange. They each
      represent their neighborhoods well and effectively. I am not seeking to
      diminish the contributions, experiences, skills, and talents of any person who
      has made a personal decision to enter the race for the Ward 5 seat. All of Ward
      5 wins and it shows the strengths of Ward 5 when there are several good
      candidates to consider.

      The person I feel would be another good strong candidate and representative of
      Ward 5 is Donna M. Cooper, Ph.D. As you may know, Donna is currently
      Legislative Clerk to the DC City Council Government Operations Committee.
      Donna is quite familiar with the legislative process and neighborhood issues.
      She is also bright, intelligent, hard working, and respectful of all views and
      ideas. She would add so much to the discussion on the future of Ward 5.

      I do not know if Donna has made any decisions to run or not to run for the
      District Ward 5 Council seat. However, those of you who know her and think
      Donna would add to the Ward 5 race, I ask you to join me in this e-mail campaign
      to ask Donna to think about stepping up her service to Ward 5 and join the
      other great Ward 5 Warriors. Ward 5 is blessed with many good, decent, and
      honorable people.

      Donna's e-mail address is DMCOOPER@....

      {This e-mail has not been approved or endorsed by Donna M. Cooper. Nor has this
      e-mail been discussed with Donna M. Cooper.}

      Thanks,
      Robert Vinson Brannum
      ANC Commissioner 5C04