Re: [MPD-5D] WEEKEND SNOW STORM TO DISRUPT MANY DPW SERVICES

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5 2:32 PM
      Indeed there is a problem with DPW. The priority switched from regular trash collection services to frantic snow alert weeks ago. The first snow fell on uncollected trash, then melted and the same trash remains unmoved. I encourage concerned citizens to show up at the DPW performance oversight hearing and voice your displeasure. We deserve regular on-time trash collection without any excuses.

      Kathy Henderson

      From: "jennifer ragins" <j.ragins@...>
      Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 14:57:53 -0500
      To: <dpw@...>
      Cc: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>; <3DSubstation@yahoogroups.com>; <mpd-4D@yahoogroups.com>; <MPD-6D@yahoogroups.com>; <MPD-7D@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] WEEKEND SNOW STORM TO DISRUPT MANY DPW SERVICES

      We have a problem!  Trash was not collected in

      the100 and 200 blocks of Bates Street NW

      100 and 200 blocks of Q Street NW; and

      1400 and 1500 blocks of 3rd street NW

      There was a clear path to the alley on  Wednesday , the regular pick up day.  Currently , we have trash all over the place – whereas, neighbors’ trash cans  are overflowing with trash and garbage.

      Finally, I spoke to Ms Bola about this issue.  It is my understanding that you are aware of the problem  The tracking # is 039143.

      Thank you for your assistance.  We really need to get this trash collected today.  Then we can move forward with the  plan for next week,  however, we will have a serious sanitation problem if the current level of trash is not collected immediately.   People are sick, they have children – and the sanitation conditions are not good.

      Jennifer Ragins