Gunshots

  • Matthew Hutson
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2010
      Heard 5 gunshots approximately 10:38 PM coming from 13th and Hamlin area

    • Aurigemma, Daniel (MPD)
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2010

        Captain Aurigemma the midnight watch commander for Thursday, February 4, 2010, Units are en-route to investigate.

        Heard 5 gunshots approximately 10:38 PM coming from 13th and Hamlin area

      • pjroehrich
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 6, 2010
          Are any more details available? Did a shooting occur? Scene? Arrests?

          Thanks

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Aurigemma, Daniel (MPD)" <daniel.aurigemma@...> wrote:

          > Captain Aurigemma the midnight watch commander for Thursday, February 4,
          > 2010, Units are en-route to investigate.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • daurigemma2000
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 6, 2010
            Update. Units responded, and a general lookout was broadcasted to other police units in the city to be on a lookout for two African-American males wearing dark clothes and facemasks fled in a dark gray vehicle from the area. Other than the sound of gunshots, nothing else was found. Captain Aurigemma.

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "pjroehrich" <roehrich@...> wrote:

            > Are any more details available? Did a shooting occur? Scene? Arrests?
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Aurigemma, Daniel (MPD)" <daniel.aurigemma@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Captain Aurigemma the midnight watch commander for Thursday, February 4,
            > > 2010, Units are en-route to investigate.
            > >

            > > ________________________________

          • AishaH
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 13, 2012
              I heard several gunshots Monday night in my neighborhood (Eckington). Any info on what happened?
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 14, 2012
                We got several calls but when we responded we found nothing.

                Andy Solberg
                Commander, 5D

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 15 9:42 PM
                  Three gunshots heard vicinity of Rhode Island Ave and 19th St NE. 12:20 am 16 April 2013. Did anyone else hear this?
                • Sean Wieland
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 16 3:57 AM
                    Hi David,

                    Please call 911when you hear gunshots.  This allows MPD the ability to investigate in a timely manner.

                    -Sean

                    Sent from my iPhone 5

                    On Apr 16, 2013, at 12:42 AM, "David" <david@...> wrote:

                    Three gunshots heard vicinity of Rhode Island Ave and 19th St NE. 12:20 am 16 April 2013. Did anyone else hear this?

                  • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 16 4:06 AM

                      Good Morning David,

                      There were no reported sounds of gunshots to MPD.  Please ensure you call 911 toensure all activity is investigated.

                      Thanks

                      Capt. J. Brown

                      5th District

                      (202) 698-0288

                      April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
                      Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
                      It’s free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 17 5:19 AM
                        Gunshots absolutely were reported. My neighbor on the 1400 blk of Kearney reported it to 911. Police responded. A police car with floodlights drove down the street 3x and a helicopter flew over. Something may wrong with your record system.

                        Andi Fleming

                        Sent from my iPhone
                      • Andi Fleming Yahoo
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 17 5:30 AM
                          My neighbors reported it closer to 11pm.

                          Andi Fleming

                          Sent from my iPhone
                        • Nolan Treadway
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 17 6:19 AM
                            about 24 hours prior to this, at quarter after midnight (Sunday night/Monday morning, 4/15) there were eight gunshots at the Shell station on Rhode Island Ave and Irving (between 20th and 18th). Thanks to MPD who came out and taped off the scene and looked for shell casings. Unfortunately, as far as I know, they were not able to find anything.

                            According to the MPD twitter feed, there was a shooting Sunday on the 1300 block of Saratoga and a shooting yesterday nearby on Brentwood Road

                            Can anyone from MPD comment on these 4 incidents of gunshots/shootings within a pretty small geographic area in the last 3 days? Is there any thought that they are related? Any updates on suspects?

                            Just speculating, but the weather also got nice in the last week, so this is an important time for neighbors to be on guard and vigilant.

                            --Nolan

                            --------------------------
                            Commissioner Nolan Treadway
                            Single Member District 5C07
                            Woodridge / Langdon

                            Join my email list: http://ancnolan.com/signup/

                            nolan@... / - email
                            734-717-4342 - Mobile

                            On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Andi Fleming Yahoo <andi_fleming@...> wrote:
                            My neighbors reported it closer to 11pm.

                            Andi Fleming

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            <*> Your email settings:
                                Individual Email | Traditional

                            <*> To change settings online go to:
                                (Yahoo! ID required)

                            <*> To change settings via email:
                                MPD-5D-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                MPD-5D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          • Haines, John (MPD)
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 17 11:05 AM
                              All the cases below are being actively investigated by the Fifth District Detectives Office. At this time we have no specific information that the cases are related however their close proximity to one another certainly leaves that as a possibility.

                              We do ask that if anyone might have seen or heard anything to please contact the Fifth District Detectives Office at 202.698.0660, or you can call or email myself at the numbers or email below. If you wish to remain anonymous you can call 202.727.9099 or text the information to 50411

                              John R. Haines
                              Detective Lieutenant
                              Fifth District
                              Metropolitan Police Department
                              Washington D.C.
                              202.553.7511
                              John.Haines@...<mailto:John.Haines@...>
                              [cid:image002.jpg@01CE3B74.A510F480]
                              FBINA Session #250

                              CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this emailis the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive. This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorizedusers. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.

                              April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
                              Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com<http://www.smart911.com>.

                              According to the MPD twitter feed, there was a shooting Sunday on the 1300 block of Saratoga<https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/323312396145917953> and a shooting yesterday nearby on Brentwood Road<https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/324367933117710337>.

                              Can anyone from MPD comment on these 4 incidents of gunshots/shootings within a pretty small geographic area in the last 3 days? Is there any thought that they are related? Any updates on suspects?

                              Just speculating, but the weather also got nice in the last week, so this is an important time for neighbors to be on guard and vigilant.

                              --Nolan

                            • Bernat, Edward (MPD)
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 17 7:47 PM

                                Of the incidents mentioned below, evidence was recovered on the scenes. It is currently under investigation.

                                Edward R. Bernat

                                Lieutenant

                                Fifth District

                                1805 Bladensburg Road, N.E.