Re: [MPD-5D] Tow truck

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 7, 2010
      I believe writing a ticket for this infraction is an appropriate way to address this matter. Doing so will bring relief to the community and send a message that sliding-scale lawless behavior will not be tolerated.

      Kathy Henderson

      In a message dated 1/7/2010 7:40:57 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, klee@... writes:

      Questioning the law was not my intention. I understand, and I agree. I
      wouldn't want a tow-truck parking in front of my house every night
      either!

      I only asked in case there's any way (official or unofficial) that
      someone in this situation can make the ticket-writers' jobs any easier
      (leaving a note in the window, obtaining a "limited" residential
      parking permit, etc.) and also maybe protect himself from getting a
      ticket.

      From what I can tell, ticket-writers assigned to certain areas (and
      familiar with different vehicles and the habits of their drivers) do a
      pretty good job of exercising common sense in this respect. They
      realize carpet cleaners, electricians, etc., may not be able to finish
      a job in two hours. But I've had service people whose work (I felt)
      suffered because they were distracted by the mere THOUGHT of getting a
      ticket. Other companies - usually based in the suburbs - have cited
      parking concerns as an alleged reason for avoiding certain DC
      neighborhoods.