Re: [MPD-5D] Tow truck

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
      If a vehicle is parked in the yard area and grass has grown around the vehicle, tires are flat, animals are living in and around the vehicle DPW will cite and tow the vehicles.
      Commander Lamar D. Greene

      From: corinne.hughes@ dc.gov
      Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:06:23 -0500

      Grabbing some lunch, working on the computer, and taking a nap is
      different than parking overnight in a residential community. This is
      why there is a two-hour limit for residential parking, and the fact that residents have sent an email stating that this vehicle is always
      parked in the community gives us cause for concern. We have taken steps to address this vehicle by issuing tickets.

      ____________ _________ _________ __

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 7, 2010
        Questioning the law was not my intention. I understand, and I agree. I
        wouldn't want a tow-truck parking in front of my house every night
        either!

        I only asked in case there's any way (official or unofficial) that
        someone in this situation can make the ticket-writers' jobs any easier
        (leaving a note in the window, obtaining a "limited" residential
        parking permit, etc.) and also maybe protect himself from getting a
        ticket.

        From what I can tell, ticket-writers assigned to certain areas (and
        familiar with different vehicles and the habits of their drivers) do a
        pretty good job of exercising common sense in this respect. They
        realize carpet cleaners, electricians, etc., may not be able to finish
        a job in two hours. But I've had service people whose work (I felt)
        suffered because they were distracted by the mere THOUGHT of getting a
        ticket. Other companies - usually based in the suburbs - have cited
        parking concerns as an alleged reason for avoiding certain DC
        neighborhoods.

      • khenderson029@aol.com