RE: [MPD-5D] Tow truck

  • James Petty Sr
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
      This vehicle not only parks illegally, but the personal vehicle at this household has out of state tags and this has been going on for five years also there are five unregistered vehicles parked on a vacant lot at 3100 Douglas St NE no tags.

      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      From: corinne.hughes@...
      Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:06:23 -0500
      Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] Tow truck

      Grabbing some lunch, working on the computer, and taking a nap is
      different than parking overnight in a residential community. This is
      why there is a two-hour limit for residential parking, and the fact that residents have sent an email stating that this vehicle is always
      parked in the community gives us cause for concern. We have taken steps to address this vehicle by issuing tickets.

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
        As we are talking about vehicles - I am wondering what can be done about vehicles that are abandoned in someones backyard, collecting weeds, trash and rats and that were previously abandoned on the street (with airbags deployed etc).  I believe it is a Section 8 household if that makes any difference in what can or cannot be done.

        This vehicle not only parks illegally, but the personal vehicle at this household has out of state tags and this has been going on for five years also there are five unregistered vehicles parked on a vacant lot at 3100 Douglas St NE no tags.

        I understand why we don't allow commercial vehicles to routinely park in
        residential neighborhoods. For years, someone parked a box truck on our
        street every night (which took up a space and a half).

        However, I'm curious ... what is the proper procedure to use if someone
        drives a commercial vehicle which he sometimes needs to park near his
        house? Say he needs to eat lunch, or do some work on his computer at
        home, or is working a series of long shifts and just needs to grab some
        sleep before the next one?

        >> We have issue a ticket to this tow truck and will continue
        until he stops parking in a residential neighborhood, Thanks!

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           MPD-5D-digest@yahoogroups.com
           MPD-5D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Our life is what our thoughts make it - Marcus Aurelius
      • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
          If a vehicle is parked in the yard area and grass has grown around the vehicle, tires are flat, animals are living in and around the vehicle DPW will cite and tow the vehicles.
          Commander Lamar D. Greene

          From: corinne.hughes@ dc.gov
          Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:06:23 -0500

          ____________ _________ _________ __

          ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________

             http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/MPD- 5D/join
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             MPD-5D-digest@ yahoogroups. com
             MPD-5D-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

             http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          --
          Our life is what our thoughts make it - Marcus Aurelius
        • k3
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 7, 2010
            Questioning the law was not my intention. I understand, and I agree. I
            wouldn't want a tow-truck parking in front of my house every night
            either!

            I only asked in case there's any way (official or unofficial) that
            someone in this situation can make the ticket-writers' jobs any easier
            (leaving a note in the window, obtaining a "limited" residential
            parking permit, etc.) and also maybe protect himself from getting a
            ticket.

            From what I can tell, ticket-writers assigned to certain areas (and
            familiar with different vehicles and the habits of their drivers) do a
            pretty good job of exercising common sense in this respect. They
            realize carpet cleaners, electricians, etc., may not be able to finish
            a job in two hours. But I've had service people whose work (I felt)
            suffered because they were distracted by the mere THOUGHT of getting a
            ticket. Other companies - usually based in the suburbs - have cited
            parking concerns as an alleged reason for avoiding certain DC
            neighborhoods.

          • khenderson029@aol.com