RE: [MPD-5D] Tow truck

  • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 5, 2010

      We have issue a ticket to this tow truck and will continue until he stops parking in a residential neighborhood, Thanks!

      From: corinne.hughes@ dc.gov
      Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:59:46 -0500

      Yes I will have one of my officer address this Lt Hughes

      From: lamar.greene@ dc.gov
      Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 23:32:03 -0500
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] From the Bloomingdale ListServe

      Unfortunately, this is a case of teens assaulting someone in the target area, fortunately we believe we have solid suspects that officers stopped in the area just prior to the assault.  Detectives will be contacting your boyfriend shortly to follow up with the leads. If anyone has additional information or witnessed any part of this incident please contact us immediately at 202 727 9099.

      Make
      a difference in your community.
      Watch
      your US mail for your 2010 Census Form.
      www.census.dc. gov

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 5, 2010
      • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
          Grabbing some lunch, working on the computer, and taking a nap is
          different than parking overnight in a residential community. This is
          why there is a two-hour limit for residential parking, and the fact that residents have sent an email stating that this vehicle is always
          parked in the community gives us cause for concern. We have taken steps to address this vehicle by issuing tickets.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
            This vehicle not only parks illegally, but the personal vehicle at this household has out of state tags and this has been going on for five years also there are five unregistered vehicles parked on a vacant lot at 3100 Douglas St NE no tags.

            To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

            I understand why we don't allow commercial vehicles to routinely park in
            residential neighborhoods. For years, someone parked a box truck on our
            street every night (which took up a space and a half).

            However, I'm curious ... what is the proper procedure to use if someone
            drives a commercial vehicle which he sometimes needs to park near his
            house? Say he needs to eat lunch, or do some work on his computer at
            home, or is working a series of long shifts and just needs to grab some
            sleep before the next one?

            >> We have issue a ticket to this tow truck and will continue
            until he stops parking in a residential neighborhood, Thanks!

            http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/
          • Julia Wilton
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
              As we are talking about vehicles - I am wondering what can be done about vehicles that are abandoned in someones backyard, collecting weeds, trash and rats and that were previously abandoned on the street (with airbags deployed etc).  I believe it is a Section 8 household if that makes any difference in what can or cannot be done.

              This vehicle not only parks illegally, but the personal vehicle at this household has out of state tags and this has been going on for five years also there are five unregistered vehicles parked on a vacant lot at 3100 Douglas St NE no tags.

              I understand why we don't allow commercial vehicles to routinely park in
              residential neighborhoods. For years, someone parked a box truck on our
              street every night (which took up a space and a half).

              However, I'm curious ... what is the proper procedure to use if someone
              drives a commercial vehicle which he sometimes needs to park near his
              house? Say he needs to eat lunch, or do some work on his computer at
              home, or is working a series of long shifts and just needs to grab some
              sleep before the next one?

              >> We have issue a ticket to this tow truck and will continue
              until he stops parking in a residential neighborhood, Thanks!

              <*> Your email settings:
                 Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                 (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                 MPD-5D-digest@yahoogroups.com
                 MPD-5D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              --
              Our life is what our thoughts make it - Marcus Aurelius
            • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
                If a vehicle is parked in the yard area and grass has grown around the vehicle, tires are flat, animals are living in and around the vehicle DPW will cite and tow the vehicles.
                Commander Lamar D. Greene

                From: corinne.hughes@ dc.gov
                Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:06:23 -0500

                ____________ _________ _________ __

                ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________

                   http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/MPD- 5D/join
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                   MPD-5D-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                   MPD-5D-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

                   http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                --
                Our life is what our thoughts make it - Marcus Aurelius
              • k3
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 7, 2010
                  Questioning the law was not my intention. I understand, and I agree. I
                  wouldn't want a tow-truck parking in front of my house every night
                  either!

                  I only asked in case there's any way (official or unofficial) that
                  someone in this situation can make the ticket-writers' jobs any easier
                  (leaving a note in the window, obtaining a "limited" residential
                  parking permit, etc.) and also maybe protect himself from getting a
                  ticket.

                  From what I can tell, ticket-writers assigned to certain areas (and
                  familiar with different vehicles and the habits of their drivers) do a
                  pretty good job of exercising common sense in this respect. They
                  realize carpet cleaners, electricians, etc., may not be able to finish
                  a job in two hours. But I've had service people whose work (I felt)
                  suffered because they were distracted by the mere THOUGHT of getting a
                  ticket. Other companies - usually based in the suburbs - have cited
                  parking concerns as an alleged reason for avoiding certain DC
                  neighborhoods.

                • khenderson029@aol.com