RE: [MPD-5D] Tow truck

  • James Petty Sr
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 3, 2010
      Thank you for the response

      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      From: lamar.greene@...
      Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:40:24 -0500
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Tow truck

      I will send units to cite the vehicle immediately!

      From: corinne.hughes@ dc.gov
      Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:59:46 -0500

      Yes I will have one of my officer address this Lt Hughes

      From: lamar.greene@ dc.gov

      Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 23:32:03 -0500

      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] From the Bloomingdale ListServe

      Unfortunately, this is a case of teens assaulting someone in the target area, fortunately we believe we have solid suspects that officers stopped in the area just prior to the assault.  Detectives will be contacting your boyfriend shortly to follow up with the leads. If anyone has additional information or witnessed any part of this incident please contact us immediately at 202 727 9099.

      Make

      a difference in your community.

      Watch

      your US mail for your 2010 Census Form.

      www.census.dc. gov

      From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com <MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com>

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 5, 2010

        We have issue a ticket to this tow truck and will continue until he stops parking in a residential neighborhood, Thanks!

        To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 5, 2010
        • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
            Grabbing some lunch, working on the computer, and taking a nap is
            different than parking overnight in a residential community. This is
            why there is a two-hour limit for residential parking, and the fact that residents have sent an email stating that this vehicle is always
            parked in the community gives us cause for concern. We have taken steps to address this vehicle by issuing tickets.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
              This vehicle not only parks illegally, but the personal vehicle at this household has out of state tags and this has been going on for five years also there are five unregistered vehicles parked on a vacant lot at 3100 Douglas St NE no tags.

              To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

              I understand why we don't allow commercial vehicles to routinely park in
              residential neighborhoods. For years, someone parked a box truck on our
              street every night (which took up a space and a half).

              However, I'm curious ... what is the proper procedure to use if someone
              drives a commercial vehicle which he sometimes needs to park near his
              house? Say he needs to eat lunch, or do some work on his computer at
              home, or is working a series of long shifts and just needs to grab some
              sleep before the next one?

              >> We have issue a ticket to this tow truck and will continue
              until he stops parking in a residential neighborhood, Thanks!

              http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/
            • Julia Wilton
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
                As we are talking about vehicles - I am wondering what can be done about vehicles that are abandoned in someones backyard, collecting weeds, trash and rats and that were previously abandoned on the street (with airbags deployed etc).  I believe it is a Section 8 household if that makes any difference in what can or cannot be done.

                --
                Our life is what our thoughts make it - Marcus Aurelius
              • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
                  If a vehicle is parked in the yard area and grass has grown around the vehicle, tires are flat, animals are living in and around the vehicle DPW will cite and tow the vehicles.
                  Commander Lamar D. Greene

                  From: corinne.hughes@ dc.gov
                  Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:06:23 -0500

                  ____________ _________ _________ __

                  ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________
                  http://clk.atdmt. com/GBL/go/ 196390707/ direct/01/

                  <*> Your email settings:
                     Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                     http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/MPD- 5D/join
                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                     MPD-5D-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                     MPD-5D-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

                     http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                  --
                  Our life is what our thoughts make it - Marcus Aurelius
                • k3
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 7, 2010
                    Questioning the law was not my intention. I understand, and I agree. I
                    wouldn't want a tow-truck parking in front of my house every night
                    either!

                    I only asked in case there's any way (official or unofficial) that
                    someone in this situation can make the ticket-writers' jobs any easier
                    (leaving a note in the window, obtaining a "limited" residential
                    parking permit, etc.) and also maybe protect himself from getting a
                    ticket.

                    From what I can tell, ticket-writers assigned to certain areas (and
                    familiar with different vehicles and the habits of their drivers) do a
                    pretty good job of exercising common sense in this respect. They
                    realize carpet cleaners, electricians, etc., may not be able to finish
                    a job in two hours. But I've had service people whose work (I felt)
                    suffered because they were distracted by the mere THOUGHT of getting a
                    ticket. Other companies - usually based in the suburbs - have cited
                    parking concerns as an alleged reason for avoiding certain DC
                    neighborhoods.

                  • khenderson029@aol.com