Tow truck

  • James Petty Sr
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
      There is a tow truck that parks in my residential area in violation. This is a problem throughout the year. Can you assist in this matter? 3000 block of Douglas St NE

      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      From: lamar.greene@...
      Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 23:32:03 -0500
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] From the Bloomingdale ListServe

      Unfortunately, this is a case of teens assaulting someone in the target area, fortunately we believe we have solid suspects that officers stopped in the area just prior to the assault. Detectives will be contacting your boyfriend shortly to follow up with the leads. If anyone has additional information or witnessed any part of this incident please contact us immediately at 202 727 9099.

      Make
      a difference in your community.
      Watch
      your US mail for your 2010 Census Form.
      www.census.dc.gov

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
        RE: [MPD-5D] Tow truck

        Yes I will have one of my officer address this Lt Hughes

        To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
          Thank you very much. Lt Hughes

          To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          From: corinne.hughes@...
          Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:59:46 -0500
          Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] Tow truck

          To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 3, 2010
            In the 3000 blk of Douglas St NE a tow truck is still parked in violation- no commercial vehicle can park in this community overnight this has been ongoing for years.

            To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
            From: corinne.hughes@...
            Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:59:46 -0500

            To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

            From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 3, 2010
              Re: [MPD-5D] Tow truck

              I will send units to cite the vehicle immediately!

              To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
              From: corinne.hughes@...
              Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:59:46 -0500

              To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

              From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 3, 2010
                Thank you for the response

                To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
                From: lamar.greene@...
                Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:40:24 -0500

                To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
                From: corinne.hughes@ dc.gov
                Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:59:46 -0500

                To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com

                From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com <MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com>

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 5, 2010

                  We have issue a ticket to this tow truck and will continue until he stops parking in a residential neighborhood, Thanks!

                  To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 5, 2010
                  • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
                      Grabbing some lunch, working on the computer, and taking a nap is
                      different than parking overnight in a residential community. This is
                      why there is a two-hour limit for residential parking, and the fact that residents have sent an email stating that this vehicle is always
                      parked in the community gives us cause for concern. We have taken steps to address this vehicle by issuing tickets.

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
                        This vehicle not only parks illegally, but the personal vehicle at this household has out of state tags and this has been going on for five years also there are five unregistered vehicles parked on a vacant lot at 3100 Douglas St NE no tags.

                        To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

                        I understand why we don't allow commercial vehicles to routinely park in
                        residential neighborhoods. For years, someone parked a box truck on our
                        street every night (which took up a space and a half).

                        However, I'm curious ... what is the proper procedure to use if someone
                        drives a commercial vehicle which he sometimes needs to park near his
                        house? Say he needs to eat lunch, or do some work on his computer at
                        home, or is working a series of long shifts and just needs to grab some
                        sleep before the next one?

                        >> We have issue a ticket to this tow truck and will continue
                        until he stops parking in a residential neighborhood, Thanks!

                        http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/
                      • Julia Wilton
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
                          As we are talking about vehicles - I am wondering what can be done about vehicles that are abandoned in someones backyard, collecting weeds, trash and rats and that were previously abandoned on the street (with airbags deployed etc).  I believe it is a Section 8 household if that makes any difference in what can or cannot be done.

                          --
                          Our life is what our thoughts make it - Marcus Aurelius
                        • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
                            If a vehicle is parked in the yard area and grass has grown around the vehicle, tires are flat, animals are living in and around the vehicle DPW will cite and tow the vehicles.
                            Commander Lamar D. Greene

                            From: corinne.hughes@ dc.gov
                            Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:06:23 -0500

                            ____________ _________ _________ __

                            ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________
                            http://clk.atdmt. com/GBL/go/ 196390707/ direct/01/

                            <*> Your email settings:
                               Individual Email | Traditional

                            <*> To change settings online go to:
                               http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/MPD- 5D/join
                               (Yahoo! ID required)

                            <*> To change settings via email:
                               MPD-5D-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                               MPD-5D-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

                               http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                            --
                            Our life is what our thoughts make it - Marcus Aurelius
                          • k3
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 7, 2010
                              Questioning the law was not my intention. I understand, and I agree. I
                              wouldn't want a tow-truck parking in front of my house every night
                              either!

                              I only asked in case there's any way (official or unofficial) that
                              someone in this situation can make the ticket-writers' jobs any easier
                              (leaving a note in the window, obtaining a "limited" residential
                              parking permit, etc.) and also maybe protect himself from getting a
                              ticket.

                              From what I can tell, ticket-writers assigned to certain areas (and
                              familiar with different vehicles and the habits of their drivers) do a
                              pretty good job of exercising common sense in this respect. They
                              realize carpet cleaners, electricians, etc., may not be able to finish
                              a job in two hours. But I've had service people whose work (I felt)
                              suffered because they were distracted by the mere THOUGHT of getting a
                              ticket. Other companies - usually based in the suburbs - have cited
                              parking concerns as an alleged reason for avoiding certain DC
                              neighborhoods.

                            • khenderson029@aol.com