Thank you MPD

  • trinidadresident
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
      As a resident of Trinidad who noticed a palpable (and statistical) difference in the community last year, I just want to say thank you to the men and women of MPD 5D!

      I'm sure there are many factors in play leading to a less violent year last year but I'm also sure one of the top factors was great Police work. Thank you MPD--and all the best in 2010!!

      R Parker
      Orren St NE
      Trinidad
    • Michael Henderson
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2012

        Dear MPD - 5D,

        The residents of Edgewood would like to express their deepest gratitude for your joining us at our gardening project last Thursday. The Friends of Edgewood sponsors projects throughout the year in and around the Edgewood Recreation Center. Our most recent project involved raking leaves, pulling weeds, picking up trash, planting, and replacing mulch at one of the gardens in Edgewood.

        As we began our work on Thursday morning several members of the Metropolitan Police Department's Fifth District joined us. We filled a total of 18 of the large free-standing brown bags with leaves and/or refuse. We also placed ten bags of fresh mulch onto the approximately twenty-one plants. The kids were very grateful for the water and fruit that MPD provided as well.

        Thanks to Fayette Vaughn-Lee, Officer Greg Wise, and all of the officers who helped make our efforts such a success!

        Michael Henderson

        President

        Friends of Edgewood Recreation Center

        edgewooddc@...

      • Geovani A Bonilla
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012

          Final BACA Meeting of 2012 A Success

          The Bates Area Civic Association closed out the 2012 meetings with a great turnout form over 40 members of our community and our great partners from DC Government. Thank you for making the 2012 Holiday Reception a success.

          A special thank you to our residents and our partners that attended our reception:

          • Ward 5 Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie
          • Tim Clark , Office of Councilmember McDuffie’s Office
          • Carl Thomas and Marc Williams, Mayor’s Office
          • Sergeant Lee, 5th District Police Department
          • Fayette Vaughn-Lee, 5th District Police Department
          • Commissioner Bradley Thomas
          • Commissioner Elect Teri Janine Quinn
          • Mt. Sinai Baptist Church

          Have a safe and happy holiday season. We look forward to our continued partnership in 2013!

          Geovani A. Bonilla

          Bates Area Civic Association

          Email: gbonilla@...

        • Geovani A Bonilla
          Message 4 of 5 , May 23, 2014
          The Bates and Bloomingdale Civic Associations and most important the families and children that enjoyed the first of our Movies At The Park thank you for your partnership and for making our community safer.
        • Kathy Henderson
          Message 5 of 5 , May 26, 2014
            It is nice to see our neighbors participating in positive activities that strengthen the community and improve public safety. Thumbs up Eckington and Bloomingdale neighbors. Keep up the great work! When citizens have a stronghold criminals can't get a foothold.

            Kathy Henderson, 5D05
            khenderson029@...