Downing Place NE

  • akw617
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2005
      I am resident of Downing Place NE. I have been there for about 5
      months. I frequently see police in the area. However, on Downing
      Place there are abandoned cars that are being used as drug havens. I
      have seen several times the police just ride back and not do anything
      about these abandoned vehicles. Why? There is one car that has a boot
      on it and has been booted for at least 3 months, and police must see,
      but never attempt to have the car removed from the street. Which is
      one of the cars being used to hide drugs, etc. In addition, lately
      there was presumed stolen just added to the collection of adbandoned
      cars on the street. Will the police just stop riding by it and not do
      anything? In front of it it another car that is being used to hide
      drug items, etc. A silver BMW, no tags. There also a abandoned
      apartment building which the users had their items.

      Again, will the police check into these matters? I know they see the
      cars and the building. Can those cars be remove to prevent the cars
      from be drug havens? Board up the apt building. It seems that the
      police just ride through looking for people to arest, but not trying
      overall to prevent crime and potential crime from happening. This is
      a start, by getting rid of those cars and boarding up the apt
      building.

      Please send the police to Downing Place to check these things out.

      Thanks