Renewed Drug Activity!!

  • dc_20002_citizen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2005
      The police, DEA, and ATF rounded up the most dangerous and influential
      drug dealers on 16th Street (16th & Raum, Trinidad Area) and couple of
      months ago. After these arrests, the area was clean and safe and
      seemed to be improving.

      About a month ago, I saw to main drug dealer down the street and I got
      a cold chill that something bad was about to happen. My fear was
      correct. Ever since then, they have been 'setting up shop' again and
      they are staying out later and later. Last night they were out till
      about 3am playing loud music and smashing bottles.

      The police and other law enforcement agencies should realy start to
      look at these criminals and really treat them as such. None of them
      live in the neighborhood and they show up everyday like it is a job.

      - Isn't there some type of law against people drinking liquor and beer
      out in the open?

      - I would like to see a sign posted on 16th and Raum, that declares
      the area as a drug free zone. It is less than a block from an
      elementary school.

      - Can we get some officers on foot patrol to just give to tax-paying
      citizens some relief from these terrorists?