MPD Fifth District 2005 Award Honorees

  • Art Slater
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2005
      Dear MPD-5D Listserv Members,

      The MPD Fifth District 2005 Award Selection Committee has met and has selected the awardees that will be honored at the 2005 Fifth District Citizens' Advisory Council Awards Dinner.   Be on hand as your sworn officers and PSA civilians, whom many of you may know well, accept these honors from MPD Fifth District officials and from 5D CAC.  Whether as friend or community group, you can show your support for them at this event.   The full list of Awardees appears below at the end of this message.  In this regard,

      The Fifth District Citizens' Advisory Council requests your presence at the

      2005 Fifth District Citizens' Advisory Council Awards Dinner
      Edward J. Pryzbyla University Center
      The Catholic University of America
      620 Michigan Ave., N.E.
      Washington, DC 20064

      October 20, 2005

      Reception begins at 6:30 p.m.

      Tickets are $35
      Tables of 8 are $280

      If you are unable to attend, please consider making a donation to defray the costs of attendance for police honorees, providing the awards or for the production of the commemorative souvenir journal.  There is still time to place an ad in the journal until close of business Tuesday, October 11, 2005.  A gift of any size will help subsidize the cost of offering a sit-down event at as low a cost possible.  In any case, you can join our list of event patrons for a donation of $20.  Please make checks payable to 5D CAC, PO Box 90436, Washington, DC 20090.  Feel free to contact me by e-mail or at (202) 387-4341.

      For those who may be reticent to attend, out of concern for recent public safety incidents, please bear in mind that due praise and well as censure should always be available, where appropriate.  No municipal agency can succeed without public support, MPD included.  When we acknowledge and celebrate exemplary achievements on the part of those who serve, we encourage our officers and can raise our expectations in an atmosphere of support and community engagement.  So while we spend one night of celebration, your continual presence at your PSA, CAC and community organization meetings will ensure that you remain a vital partner in public safety and help build a better Fifth District Community.

      In the spirit of celebrating our successes within our Fifth Distict Community, I invite you to join us and I am asking for your support.

      Sincerely,

      Art Slater
      Chairperson
      MPD Fifth District Citizens' Advisory Council (5D CAC)

      _______________

      The Fifth District 2005 Award Selection Committee has selected the following civilian and sworn member as award recipients in the following categories:

      PSA Officer of the Year:
      • PSA 501 Officer John Carruthers
      • PSA 502 Officer Justin Truby and Officer Robert Wells
      • PSA 503 Officer John Hamer
      • PSA 504 Officer Jeffrey Maslona

      Focus Mission Team Officer of the Year:
      • Officer Duane Davis

      Support Operations Officer of the Year:
      • Officer Venetia Holman

      Supervisor of the Year:
      • Sergeant Jerome Lee

      Manager of the Year:
      • Lieutenant Anthony White

      Rookie of the Year:
      • Officer Fabian Ferrera

      Crossing Guard of the Year:
      • LelIa Walker

      Detectives of the Year:
      • Detective Anthony Commador
      • Detective Kimberly Metivier

      Court Services and Offender Supervision Representative of the Year:
      • Elizabeth Estrill

      Community Prosecutor of the Year:
      • Rhonda Redwood

      Commander Award Officer of the Year:
      • Officer Christopher Joseph, PSA 504

      Traffic Officer of the Year:
      • Officer Blonese Thomas

      The Civilian Award Recipients are as follows:

      • PSA 501 -- Thomas Usselman
      • PSA 502 -- Matt Schilling
      • PSA 503 -- Martha Ward
      • PSA 504 -- Kathy Henderson & Wilhelmina Lawson
      Congratulations to the Honorees!