Shots Fired

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2005
      All:

      I live in the 1200 block of First Street NW (between N and NY Ave) and
      heard two gunshots last night about 11 p.m. They sounded like they
      were right outside my front door, but when I looked out my window
      there was no one there.

      Perhaps the shooting happened on NY Ave? Did anyone else report shots
      fired?

      To anyone from MPD reading this, please dedicate an extra patrol to
      First Street (immediately above NY Ave) during the 10 p.m. - 5 a.m. hours.

      Thank you,
      Mike Thiem
    • edgewooddc
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8, 2009
        I heard what sounded like shots fired earlier (six or seven). Now there are at least three police cars parked and yellow tape along 3rd street NE at Adams. Any information yet?

        Michael Henderson
        200 Block of Adams Street NE
      • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
          Re: [MPD-5D] Shots Fired

          On Wednesday, July 8, 2009, at approximately 2342 hours, members of the Fifth District responded to the 300 blk of Adams Street, N.E. for the report of a shooting.  Upon arrival on the scene, officers discovered 42 yr old Tyrone Speight suffering from multiple gunshot wounds..  He subsequently died from the injuries. Anyone with information please contact MPD ( 202 727 9099

          I heard what sounded like shots fired earlier (six or seven). Now there are at least three police cars parked and yellow tape along 3rd street NE at Adams. Any information yet?

          Michael Henderson
          200 Block of Adams Street NE

        • moonbelly73
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
            Commander Greene,

            Thanks to 5D for the quick and thorough response to this regrettable incident. I have every confidence that you'll find the killer.

            Bill on Adams

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
              Thank you for your prompt response Captain Greene. This is such a tragic loss of life.
              Michael Henderson

            • dlsmith112@msn.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
                Thanks for keeping us updated; You and your officers are appreciated.

                -- Sent from my Palm Pre

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 29, 2009
                  I was out in my back yard tonight, and about 6:50 PM I heard about 4 shots and a car peeling out.  It sounded like it was coming from the 10th and Franklin area.  Any news on what happened?

                • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 1, 2009
                    My apologies, there were no reported shootings in that area. I will continue to query officers to see if anything else may have happened. We record sounds of gunshots on incident reports however I did not locate anything for that date and time.

                    I posted this on the 5th District list serve, but did not  recieve an answer.  Does anyone know what happened Tuesday about 6:50 PM around 10th and Franklin?