Re: [MPD-5D] Digest Number 198

  • Tobias Kienle
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2005
      I know you guys along North Cap have it the worst,
      with the shootings, but things are getting worse all
      over the place. To compare the 1700 block of 4th to
      the N street list:

      1) Crack house in the alley (we have several crack
      addicts)
      2) Prostitution all evening on the street (we have a
      roaming prostitute who keeps quite busy)
      3) Active open air drug deals taking place every
      evening (we have a 24/7 drug market at 4th & R,
      currently located under the tree next to the Korean
      Mission on 4th. Tip to MPD...the skinny guy with the
      shoulder-length dreads, bermuda shorts, basketball
      shoes, wife-beater t-shirt & oversized blue/red
      phillies cap is a DEALER!!!)
      5) Reckless driving and speeding up and down the
      street at all hours (ditto, plus we have people that
      like to park in front of the dry cleaners/liquor store
      & play music, drink, litter & smoke weed at all hours)
      6) Illegal (and unenforced) parking by out of state
      and un-registered cars/trucks. (we now have an
      abandoned black nissan maxima, maryland tag 61M 607,
      w/ a homeless person living in it parked on the back
      of Richardson Place, behind the Hess gas station,
      which is a public street. He's taking daily craps in
      the alley, which is really nice after 6 weeks of no
      rain. Plus an untold number of locked abandoned
      vehicles parked in the vacant lots in the area).

      When my car was ransacked 2 weeks ago, I had the same
      police reporting procedure...the system is down, try
      again in a few hours. Or, you can wait all night for
      a police car to come by & file a report. I said never
      mind.

      Hopefully the next PSA 501 meeting will be moved so it
      isn't on the same night as the 5D CAC awards banquet.
      I'm trying to get a bunch of people to show up w/ a
      written list of all their grievances. If MPD PSA 501
      is understaffed, hopefully this will give the officers
      something to forward up the chain to get some more
      help.

      Toby

      http://mail.yahoo.com