Re: [TrinidadDC] Court Watch/Menacing Trio Headed to Court

  • Debbie Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2009
      If there is a template, I am more than willing to put the menace where they need to be!

      Enjoy life!

      khenderson029@... wrote:

      Three Individuals accused of a reign of terror in the Carver Terrace community are scheduled to appear in Superior Court beginning Monday.

      Deon Thaxton is accused of:

      1.    Robbery while armed of a senior citizen
      2.    Possession of a firearm during a crime of violence
      3.    Carrying a pistol outside of a home or business w/o a license
      4.    Unlawful possession of a firearm:
      5.    Unlawful possession of ammunition

      Date: Courtroom 311, December 15, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge Ronna Beck

      Charles Manson is accused of

      #1: Assault On A Police Officer  (the officer received an award last year at the Fifth District CAC Awards event)

      Date:  Courtroom C-10, Monday, December 7, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge Robert Richter

      Do not wait for yourself or your loved one to become a victim before you are willing to get involved. We must work together to send thugs a message that they cannot claim our streets for their criminal behavior. We need neighbors to sit in the courtroom during these hearings. You will not be identified in any way. We are working with other court watch groups and will trade members to protect everyone's identity. For example, you can sit in the courtroom for a Columbia Heights case if you live in Ward 5 and vice versa. In any event, you may wish to sit in on the cases that affect your neighborhood. In Deon Thaxton and John Sweeney's cases, their respective attorneys have waived their appearance in Court, so the defendants will not be there. Additionally, we need neighbors to call judge's chambers and write Community Impact Statements and you may participate in any or all of the activities anonymously.

      Kathy Henderson
    • carol fleming
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
        Maybe you can find it on the DC Superior Court website.

        Carol

        Date: Courtroom 311, December 15, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge Ronna Beck

        Charles Manson is accused of

        #1: Assault On A Police Officer  (the officer received an award last year at the Fifth District CAC Awards event)

        Date:  Courtroom C-10, Monday, December 7, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge Robert Richter