Court Watch/Menacing Trio Headed to Court

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2009
      Three Individuals accused of a reign of terror in the Carver Terrace community are scheduled to appear in Superior Court beginning Monday.

      Deon Thaxton is accused of:

      1.    Robbery while armed of a senior citizen
      2.    Possession of a firearm during a crime of violence
      3.    Carrying a pistol outside of a home or business w/o a license
      4.    Unlawful possession of a firearm:
      5.    Unlawful possession of ammunition

      Date: Courtroom 311, December 15, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge Ronna Beck

      Charles Manson is accused of

      #1: Assault On A Police Officer  (the officer received an award last year at the Fifth District CAC Awards event)

      Date:  Courtroom C-10, Monday, December 7, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge Robert Richter

      Do not wait for yourself or your loved one to become a victim before you are willing to get involved. We must work together to send thugs a message that they cannot claim our streets for their criminal behavior. We need neighbors to sit in the courtroom during these hearings. You will not be identified in any way. We are working with other court watch groups and will trade members to protect everyone's identity. For example, you can sit in the courtroom for a Columbia Heights case if you live in Ward 5 and vice versa. In any event, you may wish to sit in on the cases that affect your neighborhood. In Deon Thaxton and John Sweeney's cases, their respective attorneys have waived their appearance in Court, so the defendants will not be there. Additionally, we need neighbors to call judge's chambers and write Community Impact Statements and you may participate in any or all of the activities anonymously.

      Kathy Henderson
    • Gerty
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2009
        Can you send an example of a Community Impact Statement? I've never seen one. Thanks!

      • steven_conn@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2009
          Dear Kathy, although I'd love to show the judges and jury that we're watching out as a community, with so few days allowed out of the office for vacation, I can't justify taking any of my very few days of vacation to sit and watch these dispicable human beings. I'd rather eat glass than be in the same room with such human waste (if they are in fact guilty of attacking senior citizens, etc).

          I am happy to write a community impact statement, if you could provide instructions for submitting one, that would be great! Should it be sent via softcopy to you? Sent via mail to Chief Judge Sattlefield (sp?)

          Thanks in advance for helping us participate, even if we're not able to be there physically.

          khenderson029@... wrote:

          > Three Individuals accused of a reign of terror in the Carver Terrace
          > community are scheduled to appear in Superior Court beginning Monday.
          >
          > Deon Thaxton is accused of:
          >
          > 1.    Robbery while armed of a senior citizen
          > 2.    Possession of a firearm during a crime of
          > violence
          > 3.    Carrying a pistol outside of a home or business
          > w/o a license
          > 4.    Unlawful possession of a firearm:
          > 5.    Unlawful possession of ammunition
          >
          > Date: Courtroom 311, December 15, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge
          > Ronna Beck
          >
          > John Sweeney is accused of:
          >
          > 1.    Robbery while armed of a senior citizen
          > 2.    Possession of a firearm during a crime of
          > violence
          > 3.    Carrying a pistol outside of a home or business
          > w/o a license
          > 4.    Unlawful possession of a firearm
          > 5.    Unlawful possession of ammunition
          >
          > Date: Courtroom 311, December 15, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge
          > Ronna Beck
          >
          > Charles Manson is accused of
          >
          > #1: Assault On A Police Officer  (the officer received an award last
          > year at the Fifth District CAC Awards event)
          >
          > Date:  Courtroom C-10, Monday, December 7, 2009, at 9:00 a.m.
          > before Judge Robert Richter
          >
          > Do not wait for yourself or your loved one to become a victim before you
          > are willing to get involved. We must work together to send thugs a message that
          > they cannot claim our streets for their criminal behavior. We need neighbors to
          > sit in the courtroom during these hearings. You will not be identified in any
          > way. We are working with other court watch groups and will trade members to
          > protect everyone's identity. For example, you can sit in the courtroom for a
          > Columbia Heights case if you live in Ward 5 and vice versa. In any event, you
          > may wish to sit in on the cases that affect your neighborhood. In Deon Thaxton
          > and John Sweeney's cases, their respective attorneys have waived their
          > appearance in Court, so the defendants will not be there. Additionally, we need
          > neighbors to call judge's chambers and write Community Impact Statements and you
          > may participate in any or all of the activities
          > anonymously.
          >
          > Kathy Henderson

        • Debbie Smith

            Date: Courtroom 311, December 15, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge Ronna Beck

            Charles Manson is accused of

            #1: Assault On A Police Officer  (the officer received an award last year at the Fifth District CAC Awards event)

            Date:  Courtroom C-10, Monday, December 7, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge Robert Richter

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2009
              I will send the template shortly.

              From: Gerty <gert_fernandez@...>
              Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 13:31:33 -0800 (PST)
              To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Court Watch/Menacing Trio Headed to Court

              On Dec 3, 2009, at 2:51 PM, khenderson029@ aol.com wrote:

              Community Impact Statements

            • carol fleming
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
                Maybe you can find it on the DC Superior Court website.

                Carol

                Date: Courtroom 311, December 15, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge Ronna Beck

                Charles Manson is accused of

                #1: Assault On A Police Officer  (the officer received an award last year at the Fifth District CAC Awards event)

                Date:  Courtroom C-10, Monday, December 7, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge Robert Richter