Re: [MPD-5D] MPD TO CONTINUE CONDUCTING THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY ALCOHOL ENFORCEMENT INITIATIVE

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2009
      This is good news.

      Kathy

      From: "Reports, MPD \(MPD\)" <mpd.reports@...>
      Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 02:18:50 -0500
      To: <mpd-4d@yahoogroups.com>; <mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>; <mpd-6d@yahoogroups.com>; <mpd-7d@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [MPD-5D] MPD TO CONTINUE CONDUCTING THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY ALCOHOL ENFORCEMENT INITIATIVE

      NEWS RELEASE

      Contact: Officer Kenny Bryson (202) 727-4383

      November 25, 2009

      METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT TO CONDUCT HOLIDAY ALCOHOL ENFORCEMENT INITIATIVE

      (Washington, DC)- The Metropolitan Police Department has announced that in conjunction with the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday it will conduct an initiative targeting impaired driving. That initiative is being headed by the department’s Traffic Safety and Specialized Enforcement Branch in conjunction with the D.C. Department of Transportation and will take place on November 27 and 28, 2009, from 8:00 p.m. until 4:00 a.m.

      Officers will be conducting high visibility traffic enforcement in their efforts to target suspected impaired driving, suspected distracted driving, unreasonable speeding and underage drinking enforcement.

      The Metropolitan Police Department continues to work with our law enforcement partners in the National Capital Region in numerous traffic enforcement initiatives to include the Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP).

      ####

      Make a difference in your community.

      Watch your US mail for your 2010 Census Form.

      www.census.dc.gov