Re: [MPD-5D] Re: A Message To You

  • Debbie Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2009
      As a good endearing friend shared with me one day: the police can not arrest "these" issues away.

      What you have described are issues relating to persons' living environment.  You might want to get on a roof top and holla at the parents who are not authority fiqures but who are friends in their children's lives; or who have no respect for life; or, who act out for attention: or, who want to be big and bad; or....

      Our police are to assist with maintaining order and remove the bad guys off of the street.  If you don't think, 400 plus arrest in October 09 reflects the commitment these officers and the leadership have for our community, then maybe it might be time for you and your mind set to consider relocating.

      Here's to giving thanks for being able to see, text, and communicate this message.

      Enjoy life!

      Rick wrote:

      I know this is a Thanksgiving message intended to find things for which to be thankful but I do not think the police are doing "great work" as long as people are not safe to walk from a car to their home without having someone threaten them. If our current situation is the best the police can do, maybe we need different law enforcement leaders with some new ideas. And, if our ANC leaders think police are doing just great, maybe we some new representation.

      It is not OK that people are being attacked and threatened. It is not OK to have roving gangs looking for trouble