Crime increase around Richardson Place NW

  • tfkienle
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2005
      I would like to alert MPD to an increase in crime around Richardson
      Place NW (the block bounded by NJ, RI, FL, 4th & R). There seems to
      be an increase in loitering around the liquor store & dry cleaners in
      the 1700 block of 4th ST NW. Some of the people are local to the
      area, while lately there seems to be an increase in Maryland tags.
      Some recent activity:

      1)Today, there was a large gathering, drinking, littering, being loud
      that resulted in several people from this group attempting to break
      into one of the houses on 4th. Luckily, their alarm was tripped &
      the police came.
      2)Sunday morning at about 6:30am, there was a group around a car,
      doors open, blasting music. They were obviously drunk/high, & one
      neighbor witnessed them smoking pot. At least 2 people called 311,
      but when the police came 45 minutes later, they made NO arrests and
      only made them leave
      3)About 2 weeks ago I called 911 one evening because one of these
      folks was drunk and violent. A cruiser came, but the person saw it
      first, ducked into the liquor store, then re-emerged to continue his
      episode for another 30 minutes...standing in the middle of the road,
      screaming threats at people down the block & so on.
      4)My car was rifled through last Tuesday evening.

      I think MPD should drive through occasionally & enforce loitering
      laws, because this corner is becoming a hangout for people whose
      drunkeness is leading to increasingly frequent criminal activity, not
      to mention constant urinating and defecating in the alleys.

      T. Kienle
      1700 block 4th