Safety Walk with Chief Lanier

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2009

      Good Afternoon All:

      Saturday, November 14, 2009, all sworn members of the Metropolitan Police Department will maximize public safety resources through the "All Hands on Deck" initiative. The initiative is directly responsible for significant increases in arrests and the removal of dangerous weapons from our streets. It takes everyone working together to make our neighborhoods safe. Citizens in the Carver Terrace, Langston Terrace and Trinidad communities will join forces with Chief Lanier, Commander Greene and officers to stand up for safety and walk our community.

      The walk will begin at 5:00 p.m. on the corner of 21st Street and Maryland Ave., NE. Bring your neighbor, wear your walking shoes, push your strollers and stand up for safety. We cannot ignore what is going on in our neighborhoods. See you there!

      Kathy Henderson