Driver and Pedestrian Safety- Fall/Winter

  • McHugh, Phillip (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2009
      Driver and Pedestrian Safety- Fall/Winter

      As the season changes and we lose an hour of daylight, the Metropolitan Police Department would like to remind everyone to be aware of their surroundings to ensure the safe travels of other drivers and pedestrians on our city streets.

      Drivers, please remember to turn on your headlights and be vigilant in looking out for pedestrians. Pedestrians, please be mindful of your surroundings and remember to always cross in crosswalks and with traffic control devices. Many of us are now commuting home from work in the darkness- we all need to exercise extra caution and take responsibility for our personal safety and the safety of those around us.

      Our officers will continue to enforce traffic safety laws and assist motorists and pedestrians in need. Your participation in ensuring traffic and public safety is critical, and we greatly appreciate your attention to this important matter.

      We wish you well and safety in your travels as we enter the upcoming holiday seasons.

      Regards,

      Phillip J. McHugh
      Executive Office of the Chief of Police
      Metropolitan Police Department, Washington DC
      Office: 202-727-4218
      Mobile: 202-270-4007
      phillip.mchugh@...

      STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY - The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive.  The content of this message is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.