Re: [MPD-5D] N. Capitol Street HOT ZONE

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2009
      We met with the business owners on saturday and created new beats along north capitol street. They also agreed to increase lighting on their businesses in the corridor. We have also been deploying the light tower in that area, doing compliance checkpoints on hanover, bates and o streets. The officers have been making major arrest in that area as well.
      I have deployed 10 extra officers and plain clothes to catch these subjects commiting robberies in that area. Thus far we have captured the juvenile who robbed the pizza delivery man at 2nd and rhode island ave nw about a week ago.

      We will continue to focus are efforts on this area as the season changes and it gets dark earlier. We will conduct more operations on P street as well.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2009
        Thank you Commander Green. I will share this information out tonigth's Civic Association Meeting for the Bates Area Civic Association. I am also chair of the Public Safety Committee and will be attending the PSA 501 Community Meetings.

        Thank you for your efforts and your timely update. As a long time resident of the area, I have to say the increase in crime is a new thing. Over the past 7 years we have enjoyed a great reduction in crimes in my area. Great job.

        Geovani Bonilla
        89 P ST NW