matress in ally

  • crknightdc
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2009
      There is a mattress behind an abandoned house in my alley. There are people that use that mattress to sleep and do drugs on. I have contacted DPW to get it removed. That was over a week ago, but it was still there this morning. Can the police department make that request since there is illegal activity going on and maybe hurry the removal up?

      The mattress is behind 70 O St NW in the dead-end part of the ally.

      Thank you
      Robin Knight
      86 O St NW
    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 30, 2009
        I will forward this to our partners at the mayors outreach team to coordinate removal!

        There is a mattress behind an abandoned house in my alley. There are people that use that mattress to sleep and do drugs on. I have contacted DPW to get it removed. That was over a week ago, but it was still there this morning. Can the police department make that request since there is illegal activity going on and maybe hurry the removal up?

        The mattress is behind 70 O St NW in the dead-end part of the ally.

        Thank you
        Robin Knight
        86 O St NW

      • Twine, Kevin (DPW)
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 30, 2009

          Robin:

          I will put this in a supervisor’s hand shortly.

          Regards,

          Kevin B. Twine

          Staff Assistant

          Department of Public Works

          Office of the Director

          2000  14th Street, NW

          Washington, DC 20009

          Ph: 202-671-2593

          Fx: 202-671-0642

          http://www.dpw.dc.gov

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009
            I just wanted to follow-up on this. The mattress is still there.

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Twine, Kevin (DPW)" <kevin.twine@...> wrote:

            > Robin:
            >

            > I will put this in a supervisor's hand shortly.
            >

            > Regards,
            >
            > Kevin B. Twine
            >
            > Staff Assistant
            >
            > Department of Public Works
            >
            > Office of the Director
            >
            > 2000 14th Street, NW
            >
            > Washington, DC 20009
            >
            > Ph: 202-671-2593
            >
            > Fx: 202-671-0642
            >
            > http://www.dpw.dc.gov <http://www.dpw.dc.gov/>

          • Twine, Kevin (DPW)
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009

              Sorry for the delay.  I’m supposed to get a call back when they pick it up today… and I’ll let you know.

              Kevin B. Twine

              Staff Assistant

              Department of Public Works

              Office of the Director

              2000  14th Street, NW

              Washington, DC 20009

              Ph: 202-671-2593

              Fx: 202-671-0642

              http://www.dpw.dc.gov

              href="http://www.dpw.dc.gov/">http://www.dpw.dc.gov/>

            • Twine, Kevin (DPW)
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009

                Robin:

                I just got the call that we picked up the mattress.  Again, sorry for the delay.

                Kevin

                Kevin B. Twine

                Staff Assistant

                Department of Public Works