Re: [MPD-5D] Re: "Safe" Parking -- H8 Bus

  • Fritz von Fleckenstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2005
      Dear Marisa,
      The H8 bus runs through the Brookland Metro Station (from Mount Pleasant) to the Rhode Island Metro Station down 12th Street.  RI Ave Metro is the end of the line.  It runs back also on 12th Street (and is then marked "Mount Pleasant").
      I just noticed that you live on 4th or near there.  The H4 Bus runs along Michigan to Brookland Metro Station, where you could pick up the H8 (a little cumbersome, though).
      The best thing to do is to use Metro's Ride Guide.  Go online to www.wmata.com  and enter your address, and the address of the place you want to go, and Metro will show you the possibilities.  We have often used it for going to places with which we were not familiar, since we don't have a car, and always use public transport.  It works quite well.
      Fritz von Fleckenstein
      3109 14th St. NE
      Washington DC 20017-2927