Re: [MPD-5D] BURGLARY ARREST

  • Steven Conn
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2009
      Dear Commander Greene, congratulations to you and your staff on the arrests - great work!

      The potted plants on my front porch get re-arranged about once a month - I always quickly put them back into place to signal to whoever is doing it, that I am home and not out of town or on vacation. An Eckington neighbor also mentioned they'd been noticing items in their yard being re-arranged, so it's not unique to my house.

      Over the past two months - at least once a week, I get random visitors to my front door at very strange hours. It just happened again last night @ 11:30pm - two young black men knocked on my front door and when I answered, they didn't have a purpose - and just said "wrong house" and walked out my front gate.

      Do you agree the above situations are a way to see if we're home or not, to identify vacant homes to rob? If so, perhaps these methods are worth mentioning in a crime prevention newsletter to help others with similar experiences?

      Congrats again on the arrests.

      Best regards,

      Steven