Re: 5D police van & light tower stationed at 1st & W St NW last night

  • lisarobinison
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
      I won't tie up this group with a bunch of these. I'll make this my last. If you search the number of times Mr. Roberts has posted a question on behalf of another person, you will see that they are not being delivered in a timely manner. It sounds like he does a great job of delivering the news, so I am not knocking that. I can appreciate his work. I just believe in removing the middle man, especially when it comes to questions about police activity in my neighborhood. You see police cars, you then write to Mr. Roberts, asking what is happening. He then writes to the police the next day and ask what was happening, the police must reply to him, then he must reply back to the person who asked the question. It may make for good material for the newsletter, but it seems like he would encourage people to field those kinds of questions directly to this police group. Not many cities offer this kind of direct access that is open to anyone with a question, so why not use it. That's my only point. Other than that, I think Mr. Roberts sounds like a wonderful resource in the community. Have a good week.