Re: [MPD-5D] MPD-5D Awardees

  • Debbie Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2009
      Congrats to all.  Well deserved!

      Enjoy life!

      MPD-5DCAC wrote:

      Dear neighbors, the following have been selected by the MPD Command Staff of the 5th District Metropolitan Police Department as 2009 MPD Honorees.  They will be honored at the 31st Annual Awards Gala, Thursday, October 22, 2009, Washington Navy Yard.  Hope to see you there.  Robert

      Fifth District Citizens’ Advisory Council 2009 Awardees*

      (*Selected by MPD)

      PSA OFFICERS OF THE YEAR

      PSA 501

      Officer Daniel Dyn

      Officer Damon Lessey

      PSA 502

      Officer Markquat Mathis

      PSA 503

      Officer Arthur Hooper, Jr.

      PSA 504

      MPO Anthony Simms

      PSA 505

      Officer Fabian Ferrera

      VICE OFFICER OF THE YEAR

      Officer Jonathan Jordan

      TAC OFFICERS OF THE YEAR

      Officer David Wilkerson

      Officer Kevin Smith

      AUTO THEFT OFFICER OF THE YEAR

      Officer Jason Bagshaw

      WARRANT SQUAD OFFICER OF THE YEAR

      Officer John Carruthers

      TRAFFIC OFFICER OF THE YEAR

      Officer Daniel Gillespie

      HIT AND RUN OFFICER OF THE YEAR

      Officer Eric Brown

      DETECTIVES OF THE YEAR

      Detective Anthony Commodore

      Detective Hosam Nasr

      SUPERVISORS OF THE YEAR

      Sgt. Donald Smalls

      Sgt. Jeffery Labofish

      MANAGER OF THE YEAR

      Lieutenant Patricia Janifer

      SUPPORT OPERATIONS OFFICER OF THE YEAR

      Officer Ron Henderson

      SUPPORT OPERATIONS CIVILIAN OF THE YEAR

      Ms. Fayette Vaughn-Lee

      STATION OPERATIONS OFFICER OF THE YEAR

      Officer Heriberto Montanez

      STATION OPERATIONS CIVILIAN OF THE YEAR

      Officer Derek Staten

      COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER OF THE YEAR

      Officer Angela Spencer

      COURT SERVICES AND OFFENDER SUPERVISION

      REPRESENTATIVE OF THE YEAR

      Ms. LaQuisha Campbell

      OFFICER OF THE YEAR

      Officer Raymond Hawkins

      PSA COMMUNITY AWARD RECIPIENTS

      PSA 501

      Commissioner Anita Bonds

      Commissioner Denise Wright

      Commissioner John Salatti

      PSA 502

      Commissioner Carolyn Steptoe

      PSA 503

      Commissioner Jacqueline Manning

      Commissioner Janae Grant

      PSA 504

      Commissioner Tina Laskaris

      Commissioner Rosetta Davis

      Ms. Kathy Henderson

      Mr. Corbin McClure

      PSA 505

      Commissioner William Shelton

      Commissioner Regina James

      COMMANDER’s AWARD RECIPIENTS

      Captain Brian Heanue, Metro Transit Police

      Sgt. Thomas Fontz

      Sgt. Terry Thorne

      Sgt. Cassandra Gudger

      AUSA Trina Carrington

      5D Vice Unit

      Lt. Michael Smith

      Sgt. Christopher Petz

      Sgt. Marcus Mitchell

      FTO Sarah Hoffman

      Officer Michael Callahan

      Officer Kevin Carey

      Officer James Chatmon

      Officer Kevin L. Harding

      Officer Jonathan Jordan

      Officer Trevin Mercer

      Officer Ilah Moore

      Officer Brian Peake

      Officer Travis Weston

      Officer Kathleen Wiedefeld

      Officer David Wildey

      Officer Robert Wingate-Robinson

      Officer Javon Vogelzon

      Officer Steve Pappas

      Officer Michael Jenkins

    • khenderson029@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2009
        Dear Steven:

        Thank you for your kind words. Being acknowledged with an award from the Fifth District and 5D CAC is indeed an honor because helping to improve public safety in our neighborhoods is near and dear to my heart. I believe each of us can contribute to the fight against crime by stepping up and doing our part the way you and your neighbors have. I am so proud of all of you for starting your safety patrols on a rainy day because you were tired of disorder and crime in your neighborhood. Together, I know we will make a difference with the 5D Court Watch to keep criminals off of our streets. I look forward to more neighbors coming forward to join our ranks, contributing time and effort to what is indeed our fight against crime.

        Last but certainly not least, I congratulate all of the honororees for distinguished service to Ward 5 and our city. I have had the pleasure of working with the majority of the police honorees and they are indeed laudable examples of the Metropolitan Police Department's finest crime fighters, whose sole purpose is to protect us from crime and disorder. The citizen honorees have answered the call to service with tireless work to help make our communities safer and more livable. Our crime rate is lower, yet we still have work to do to help every neighborhood in our Ward and our city to enjoy lasting peace, order and quiet. I am proud to be a part of this effort and I hope that every able-bodied resident will join with us.

        Sincerely,

        Kathy Henderson