Re: [Eckington] MPD-5D Awardees

  • Steven Conn
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2009
      Congratulations to all of the officers, etc who help to make our streets and communities safer.

      As a concerned 501 resident, in addition to the many other law enforcement officers who work hard to keep us safe, I repeatedly see Officer Jordans name as the arresting officers on the "daily arrest report" distributed on this listserv and also appreciate the efforts of Supervisor Labofish in taking an interest and seeking community feedback and partnerships to help them make busts.

      I'm glad to see both of them on the awards list, along with the many other deserving MPD employees led by Commander Greene.

      I'm also thrilled to see Kathy Henderson on the list. She's stepped up and taken an active interest throughout WARD 5, even outside of her own PSA, helping us in PSA 501, SMD ANC505 to organize safety walks, court watch meetings, etc. Great job! Keep up your commitment!
      Congratulations to all and best regards,

      Steven

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2009
        Congrats to all.  Well deserved!

        Enjoy life!

      • khenderson029@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 18, 2009
          Dear Steven:

          Thank you for your kind words. Being acknowledged with an award from the Fifth District and 5D CAC is indeed an honor because helping to improve public safety in our neighborhoods is near and dear to my heart. I believe each of us can contribute to the fight against crime by stepping up and doing our part the way you and your neighbors have. I am so proud of all of you for starting your safety patrols on a rainy day because you were tired of disorder and crime in your neighborhood. Together, I know we will make a difference with the 5D Court Watch to keep criminals off of our streets. I look forward to more neighbors coming forward to join our ranks, contributing time and effort to what is indeed our fight against crime.

          Last but certainly not least, I congratulate all of the honororees for distinguished service to Ward 5 and our city. I have had the pleasure of working with the majority of the police honorees and they are indeed laudable examples of the Metropolitan Police Department's finest crime fighters, whose sole purpose is to protect us from crime and disorder. The citizen honorees have answered the call to service with tireless work to help make our communities safer and more livable. Our crime rate is lower, yet we still have work to do to help every neighborhood in our Ward and our city to enjoy lasting peace, order and quiet. I am proud to be a part of this effort and I hope that every able-bodied resident will join with us.

          Sincerely,

          Kathy Henderson