Re: Boston strategy

  • Susie Cambria
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2005

      For those interested in weighing in on youth violence and delinquency -- and on the other side, positive youth development -- the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Children, Youth, Families and Elders is developing a plan to reduce youth violence and homicides AND promote youth development.  The plan, actually an update to the March 2005 plan related to the FY 2006 budget, is due on October 1 to the Special Committee to Reduce Youth Violence (or some such name -- I can never remember, sorry!) chaired by Ward 7 CM Vince Gray.

      If you have thoughts on what should be in the updated plan, contact Retta Morris in the deputy mayor's office -- 727-8001.  If you want to talk to the Special Committee, contact Jason Keene -- jkeene@....

      DC Action for Children, part of the DC Positive Youth Development Task Force, will be providing information to the deputy mayor and the special committee.  This will supplement what we have already submitted at the July 11 public hearing on the plan.  The Council hearing can be viewed on-demand by going to www.octt.dc.gov, selecting Channel 13, selecting on-demand, an choosing the correct week.  I would be interested in hearing what you have to say about the hearing and/or solutions to youth crime and delinquency.

      Susie Cambria, MSW

      Director of Public Policy

      DC Action for Children

      234-9404