Notification

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2009

      GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA

      Advisory Neighborhood Commission 5B, Single Member District 5B10

      FROM THE DESK OF COMMISSIONER INDIA A. HENDERSON , 5B10

      September 21, 2009

      Dear Neighbor:

      I am deeply saddened to inform you of the passing of L Street neighbor, Betty Osborne. Ms. Osborne was discovered deceased in her L Street home on Friday Morning. We believe she actually died on the previous Saturday evening. I can tell you that nothing is harder than having to facilitate the police entering your neighbor's home to find the person deceased. Ms. Osborne was a twenty-year, law-abiding resident of this community and we will miss her.

      The circumstances surrounding Ms. Osborne death raises concerns for all of us, particularly those among us who live alone. I encourage each of you to give your phone number to a neighbor and check on each other periodically. If you are not feeling well, let someone know. No one should pass away at home alone. We knew something was amiss when Betty did not move her car for street cleaning. I regret that we were not able to reach out to her sooner.

      We are accepting monetary donations for flowers at 1807 L Street, NE ; just leave your contribution in the mailbox. I will disseminate information about the funeral arrangements as soon as they become available.

      Sincerely,

      India A. Henderson

      Commissioner India A. Henderson, 5B10

    • Douglas, Lewis (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2010

        To the Fifth District Listserv Members,

        Catholic University forwarded the following message to the Metropolitan Police Department and Commander Greene wanted to keep you informed.

        Greetings from Catholic University ,

        CUA will be conducting a test of our emergency notification equipment on Friday, January 8, 2010. It is only a test. We will be activating all of our emergency sirens and audible messages for several minutes at approximately 1:00 pm. We are required to test our equipment several times a year.  Just in case there are calls from district constituents regarding the sirens, it is only a test.

        Lewis J. Douglas, Jr.

        Acting Captain

        Fifth District

        1805 Bladensburg Road, NE