Boston Strategy To Prevent Youth Violence

  • Joseph Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      I know law enforcement professionals are familiar with
      the successes in Boston to reduce youth violence. That
      city's success has become a role model nationally.

      For the rest of us, I am adding this link to the
      website of the Boston Strategy To Prevent Youth
      Violence as a way of fostering discussion among
      residents working to reduce youth violence in the
      District's neighborhoods.

      See: http://www.bostonstrategy.com/default.html

      OVERVIEW FROM THE BOSTON STRATEGY WEBSITE
      "In the mid-1990s, with an extraordinary display of
      institutional cooperation, the city of Boston achieved
      a dramatic reduction in youth homicides and all
      gang-related gun violence.

      The purpose of this site is to tell the story of how
      The Boston Strategy to Prevent Youth Violence came
      into being, so others who are struggling with the
      problem of youth violence can share the learning from
      Boston’s experience."

      Thank you for reading this. Feel free to share stories
      about successes in your own neighborhoods on the
      4D-Neighbors website:

      Joseph Martin
      ANC 4C09 Commissioner
      Petworth