Prostitution on 2500-2600 blocks of 10th St. NE

  • Harway, Sonya A. 25HARWAY
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5 5:34 PM
      This morning while pulling my car out of the driveway (I live on the 2600 block of 10th St. NE) I saw another condom box right behind my house. This follows a used condom two mornings previous, as well as numerous sightings of Judy, our neighborhood prostitute, working her territory, and several other potential prostitutes in our area. It appears as though the alley behind the apartment buildings on the 2500 block of 10th St. NE is being used again for prostitution, as it often is. Perhaps increased patrol would be beneficial, but at this point it is absolutely imperative for the officers to park their cars, get out, and walk down behind the apartment buildings, as the alley is now blocked by a chain to limit auto access.

      Also, it has come to my attention by a long-time resident of this neighborhood that Judy (afore-mentioned neighborhood prostitute) has a stay-away writ for those apartment buildings on the 2500 block. Has she been properly ID'd at any of the stops that should have resulted from any of the residents' numerous complaints? If not, why not? Is it up to the police to enforce this writ, or is it up to the property manager of the apartment buildings? If the latter is the case, we NEED to get the property manager/resident manager at the next PSA meeting. I've supplied the contact information for both the management company and the resident manager to officers at the PSA 502 meeting and am willing to do so again, including posting it on this listserv if necessary. I realize that these are very specific issues that will need to be addressed by those familiar with these two blocks, but this needs to be addressed before our upcoming PSA meeting, so I would appreciate a hasty reply.

      -Sonya Harway
      (10th and Douglas)