RE: [MPD-5D] "Safe" Parking

  • Barba, Jennifer (MPD)
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2005
      In response to the inquiry for the safe parking alternative regarding the Rhode Island Avenue metro station. The shopping center in the 600 Block of Rhode Island Avenue NE, (Safeway/National Wholesale Liquidators/etc.) offers parking facilities that are gated. The parking lot is located along the train tracks, there is a "guard shack" where a parking attendant will give a parking stub and receive funds for daily parking. There is an approximate fee of $4 per day to park which is economical considering the alternatives are tickets or towing of your vehicle from the private lot at Giant. The walking distance to the station is about the same, you would need to walk over Rhode Island Avenue's pedestrian over-pass to get to the station. I hope this information helps.

      Ofc. Jennifer Barba
      PSA 501
      Fifth District
      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2005
        Hi,

        I have to agree with Officer Barba on this one. That lot in the shopping center is probably your best bet. The price is right and your car will be pretty safe. We have had very few problems in the shopping center and most of that has been on the end of 4th Street. I hope this helps. If you have any other concerns please feel free to e-mail or call (office 202-727-4478). By the way. My condolences on the hockey season (or the lack thereof). Take care.

        Lt. Sam Craig

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2005
          Thank you to everyone for their feedback! I'll try either the
          Safeway lot - or I'm looking into the bus route too - I don't live
          too far away from the station (it's very walkable), I'm just nervous
          about walking down 4th at night and I often have to work late or in
          class.

          Thanks again for your feedback and for all that you do to keep us
          safe!

          (Lt. Craig, I can't tell you how bored I've been w/o some good
          hockey action! Have a great day!)

          Regards -
          Marisa

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Craig, Donald \(MPD\)"