5D CAC Awards Banquet

  • Artman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2005

      METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT
      FIFTH DISTRICT CITIZENS’ ADVISORY COUNCIL

      1805 BLADENSBURG ROAD, N.E.

      WASHINGTON, DC 20002

      Dear MPD-5D Listserv Members,

      On Thursday, October 20, 2005, the Fifth District Police Citizens’ Advisory Council will sponsor an awards banquet to honor those officers and citizens whose exemplary performance sets them apart from their colleagues during the previous calendar year.  This year our awards banquet will be held at The Catholic University of America, 620 Michigan Avenue, NE, in the Pryzbyla Center on their main campus.

      To commemorate this occasion, a souvenir journal will be published and we need you to help us to secure advertisements from local businesses, churches, community organizations, family members and/or friends to be memorialized in this keepsake.

      A full or half-page advertisement in our souvenir journal will help to defray the cost of providing plaques to the awardees, of providing tickets (free of charge) to the honorees and their significant others as well as, more generally, of covering the expenses that are associated with the host venue. Importantly, everyone who purchases an advertisement will receive a copy of the souvenir journal. The names of Patrons will be listed on pages reserved for this category of contribution.  (See the following link to the Community Outreach Letter (http://www.5dcac.org/awards/LetterToFifthDistrictCommunityMembers.pdf)  and the Advertisement Purchase Agreement at http://www.5dcac.org/awards/MPDCACAwardsBanquetAdPurchaseAgreement.pdf).

                  In addition to your help with the purchase of advertisements for the souvenir journal, we hope that you will make a commitment to sell a table  (i.e., eight tickets at $35.00 per seat) or, if this is not possible, we ask that you purchase a ticket for yourself and your spouse, at a minimum.  If you would like to purchase tickets to donate to the honorees and their spouses, this is an option that is available to you also.  For tickets and ticket information, contact CAC Chairperson Art Slater at (202) 387-4341 or by e-mail at talader@....

      Your support of this worthwhile endeavor via the purchase of tickets to the event and/or an advertisement for our journal is requested and essential to success of the day.  Indeed, as a member of the Fifth District Community, we thank for your ongoing support of it goals and initiatives and, with specific regard to this year’s awards banquet, for what we know will be your generous response to these requests.

      Sincerely,

      [signed]                                                                                                     [signed]

      James D. Berry, Jr., Chairperson                                                   Arthur Slater, Chairperson

      Awards Banquet Planning Committee                                            Fifth District CAC

      AS/JDB