Re: [MPD-5D] ANC 5B10 Community Meeting

  • Patrick Blais
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 7, 2009
      Kathy,

      This message was intended for someone other than me, as I haven't been part of this conversation.

      Patrick

      On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 1:48 PM, <khenderson029@...> wrote:

      Thanks Patrick for the information. Believe it or not, the crime rate is steadily decreasing in all categories. These types of crimes and more were every day occurrences and truly drained our police resources and eroded the quality of life for all. We are still plagued by individuals that just do not get it; this is no longer an acceptable venue for committing crime and the police have increased their responsiveness. The statistics are real and we are becoming a less crime-ridden community. We must stay the course and continue to report crime and do everything possible to turn this community around for good.

      Kathy Henderson

    • khenderson029@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 24, 2010

        ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 5B10 COMMUNITY MEETING

        DATE: September 25, 2010; TIME: 10:00 – 11:30 A.M. LOCATION: Trinidad Recreation Center, 1310 Childress Street, NE (Near Holbrook and Queen Streets, NE)

        We Will Discuss:

        1. Projects Underway in Our Community

        2. Public Safety (an elderly neighbor was robbed during the day) Find Out What You Must Do to Protect Your Person and Property

        DO NOT MISS THIS IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD

        CONTACT: Commissioner India A. Henderson, 5B10

        (202) 397-2777

        Refreshments

      • khenderson029@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 20, 2012

          ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 5B10 COMMUNITY MEETING

          DATE: January 20, 2012; TIME: 6:30 – 8:00 P.M. LOCATION: Developing Families Center; 801 17th Street, NE (across from Hechinger Mall Safeway)

          Special Guest:

          SANDRA MATTAVOUS FRYE

          Office of the People’s Counsel

          1.  Pepco Applied for a $42.5 Million Increase: We will discuss how we can STOP the increase

          2. Updates: Public Safety, Marijuana Centers, Redistricting, Residential Parking for Lang and Lyman Place

          CONTACT: Commissioner India A. Henderson, 5B10

          Former Commissioner Kathy Henderson: (202) 397-2777

          Refreshments

        • khenderson029@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 20, 2012
            Good Evening All:

            First, we greatly appreciate Councilmember Vincent Orange's recent legislation to limit the number of marijuana cultivation centers and dispensaries operating in Ward 5, which passed. While six such facilities in our ward are better than the proposed 27, the number is still too high, underscoring a public safety burden to our community. We do not want or need any drains on our police resources as a result of these facilities, underscoring similar public safety breaches in the states that allow these facilities. US Attorney Ronald Machen reminds us that marijuana remains an illegal drug and his office will continue to prosecute violations involving the use, sale and distribution of the drug accordingly.

            Tonight, we voted unanimously to table the implementation of these facilities in Ward 5 until we elect a Ward 5 Councilmember on May 15, 2012, and will send a letter to our mayor and council. We believe there is no compelling argument to rush the licensing process of these controversial facilities while there is no designated councilmember to represent Ward 5. We deserve a process that is fair, transparent and reflective of the will of Ward 5 residents and we should not proceed in this matter without a representative specifically designated for our ward. If you agree with this position, we encourage you to stand with us and demand this matter be tabled until we have elected a representative on May 15. 2012. We deserve maximum public safety and should not be afraid to slow down a process that has the potential to drain our police resources.

            Kathy Henderson