Thoughts on Harewood Rd NW?

  • Joseph Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2005
      With this posting, I am asking DDOT (DC's Department
      of Transportation) for a status report on the
      temporary one-way (I hope) of the unit block of
      Harewood Road NW.

      You might have noticed if you're trying to reach
      Petworth from North Capitol Street NW via Harewood or
      from the Catholic University/Brookland area, there are
      a series of inconvenient, gas-guzzling detours.

      Any thoughts, anyone?

      You might also want to share your thoughts with Samira
      Cook, DDOT's Ward 4 Transportation Planner:
      samira.cook@... and with DDOT's director, Dan
      Tangherlini: dan.tangherlini@...

      In the future, I hope DDOT will use the many Yahoo
      Groups for Petworth, Brookland and surrounding
      neighborhoods to keep us posted on transportation
      planning and construction projects as well as that
      valuable neighborhood source, the Petworth News:
      http://www.petworthnews.com

      In addition to posting this on the Petworth Yahoo
      Groups, I am posting this on the 4D-Neighbors, MPD-4D
      & MPD-5D listservs because there is a public safety
      aspect to transportation planning and road
      construction projects, needless to say.

      The more information, the better, please.

      Joseph Martin
      ANC 4C09 Commissioner
      202-309-1817 cell
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anc4c09