Re: [MPD-5D] ANC 5B10 Community Meeting

  • Matt Ashburn
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2009
      Kathy,

      Thanks for the invitation. We (the diner guys) can make it and are
      happy to answer any questions or concerns.

      Matt

      --
      Matt W. Ashburn
      Ashburn Foods, LLC

      On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM, <khenderson029@...> wrote:

      > ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 5B
      >
      > SINGLE MEMBER DISTRICT 5B10 COMMUNITY MEETING
      >

      > DATE: SEPTEMBER 4, 2009; TIME: 6:30 – 8:00 P.M.; LOCATION: DC DEVELOPING
      > FAMILIES CENTER, 801 17TH STREET, NE (across from Hechinger Mall Safeway)
      >
      > AGENDA:
      >

      > STATUS OF DINER SITTING ON BLADENSBURG ROAD, NE
      >

      > PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
      >

      > INVITED GUEST: MAYOR ADRIAN M. FENTY TO DISCUSS
      >
      > STATUS OF HYACINTH'S PLACE PROJECT FOR WOMEN WITH SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND MENTAL
      > HEALTH ISSUES
      >

      > Do not miss the opportunity to voice your concerns.
      >

      > “When Citizens Have a Stronghold, Criminals Cannot Get a Foothold”
      >
      > Sponsored By: Commissioner India A. Henderson and
      >
      > Former Commissioner Kathy Henderson
      >
      > (202) 397-2777
      >
      > Refreshments
      >
      > ________________________________
    • aRodeoJock
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 5, 2009
        These two items came in since last night's meeting:

        Robbery (Force)_0135 hours_17th and H Street, NE_L/O for B/M dark complexion
        wearing a black shirt and blue jeans DO NOT TAKE ACTION CALL 911 W/EVENT
        #493069

        5D SHOOTING _ 1339HRS @ 2100 B/O I ST NE LOF:3 YOUNG B/M'S S1 5' 04" LSW BLK
        SHIRT ARMED W/A HANDGUN L/S RUNNING BEHIND THE ARBORETUM DO NOT TAKE ACTION
        CALL 911 W/EVENT #I20090493978

        Are we still supposed to believe that these types of crimes are going down
        in 504?

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 6, 2009

          Thanks Patrick for the information. Believe it or not, the crime rate is steadily decreasing in all categories. These types of crimes and more were every day occurrences and truly drained our police resources and eroded the quality of life for all. We are still plagued by individuals that just do not get it; this is no longer an acceptable venue for committing crime and the police have increased their responsiveness. The statistics are real and we are becoming a less crime-ridden community. We must stay the course and continue to report crime and do everything possible to turn this community around for good.

          Kathy Henderson
        • Patrick Blais
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 7, 2009
            Kathy,

            This message was intended for someone other than me, as I haven't been part of this conversation.

            Patrick

          • khenderson029@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 24, 2010

              ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 5B10 COMMUNITY MEETING

              DATE: September 25, 2010; TIME: 10:00 – 11:30 A.M. LOCATION: Trinidad Recreation Center, 1310 Childress Street, NE (Near Holbrook and Queen Streets, NE)

              We Will Discuss:

              1. Projects Underway in Our Community

              2. Public Safety (an elderly neighbor was robbed during the day) Find Out What You Must Do to Protect Your Person and Property

              DO NOT MISS THIS IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD

              CONTACT: Commissioner India A. Henderson, 5B10

              (202) 397-2777

              Refreshments

            • khenderson029@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 20, 2012

                ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 5B10 COMMUNITY MEETING

                DATE: January 20, 2012; TIME: 6:30 – 8:00 P.M. LOCATION: Developing Families Center; 801 17th Street, NE (across from Hechinger Mall Safeway)

                Special Guest:

                SANDRA MATTAVOUS FRYE

                Office of the People’s Counsel

                1.  Pepco Applied for a $42.5 Million Increase: We will discuss how we can STOP the increase

                2. Updates: Public Safety, Marijuana Centers, Redistricting, Residential Parking for Lang and Lyman Place

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 20, 2012
                  Good Evening All:

                  First, we greatly appreciate Councilmember Vincent Orange's recent legislation to limit the number of marijuana cultivation centers and dispensaries operating in Ward 5, which passed. While six such facilities in our ward are better than the proposed 27, the number is still too high, underscoring a public safety burden to our community. We do not want or need any drains on our police resources as a result of these facilities, underscoring similar public safety breaches in the states that allow these facilities. US Attorney Ronald Machen reminds us that marijuana remains an illegal drug and his office will continue to prosecute violations involving the use, sale and distribution of the drug accordingly.

                  Tonight, we voted unanimously to table the implementation of these facilities in Ward 5 until we elect a Ward 5 Councilmember on May 15, 2012, and will send a letter to our mayor and council. We believe there is no compelling argument to rush the licensing process of these controversial facilities while there is no designated councilmember to represent Ward 5. We deserve a process that is fair, transparent and reflective of the will of Ward 5 residents and we should not proceed in this matter without a representative specifically designated for our ward. If you agree with this position, we encourage you to stand with us and demand this matter be tabled until we have elected a representative on May 15. 2012. We deserve maximum public safety and should not be afraid to slow down a process that has the potential to drain our police resources.

                  Kathy Henderson