Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Congrats... Yep, It May Be More Than A Broken Streetlight.

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2 10:41 AM
      Thank you for all your support!

      From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun Aug 02 12:08:04 2009
      Subject: [MPD-5D] Re: Congrats... Yep, It May Be More Than A Broken Streetlight.

      I second that congrats to Commander Greene and the 502 team! And thanks
      to you, x2j785, for reporting it.

      "In transit" and "abandoned" vehicles -- even w/ properly placed Temp
      Tags, may not be all that temporary or abandoned-- especially when
      parked close to Metro stations. They may be serving as ready-to-go *zip
      cars for perps* and/or rolling lockers for weapons and/or drugs.

      Let's notice it all and report it all.

      brian
      on Newton/ 502

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com, "x2j785" <x2j785@...> wrote:

      > to Commander Greene and his crew for their response to mine on this
      forum. I, in all honesty, am mildly surprised that 'something' would
      have been done and done as swiftly as it was.

      > Although minor in comparison in crime stats, the minor ones can build
      into major ones. I have heard that the DCPD have the situation on their
      blotter for follow up.

      > I found this site through a WaPo article. It (this venue) is money
      well spent and seems to be very effective - much more than what was
      available to the public previously.