Congrats

  • x2j785
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2009
      to Commander Greene and his crew for their response to mine on this forum. I, in all honesty, am mildly surprised that 'something' would have been done and done as swiftly as it was.

      Although minor in comparison in crime stats, the minor ones can build into major ones. I have heard that the DCPD have the situation on their blotter for follow up.

      I found this site through a WaPo article. It (this venue) is money well spent and seems to be very effective - much more than what was available to the public previously.

      A job well done and TX to all involved.
    • brian.ions
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
        I second that congrats to Commander Greene and the 502 team! And thanks
        to you, x2j785, for reporting it.

        "In transit" and "abandoned" vehicles -- even w/ properly placed Temp
        Tags, may not be all that temporary or abandoned-- especially when
        parked close to Metro stations. They may be serving as ready-to-go *zip
        cars for perps* and/or rolling lockers for weapons and/or drugs.

        Let's notice it all and report it all.

        brian
        on Newton/ 502

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "x2j785" <x2j785@...> wrote:

        > to Commander Greene and his crew for their response to mine on this
        forum. I, in all honesty, am mildly surprised that 'something' would
        have been done and done as swiftly as it was.

        > Although minor in comparison in crime stats, the minor ones can build
        into major ones. I have heard that the DCPD have the situation on their
        blotter for follow up.

        > I found this site through a WaPo article. It (this venue) is money
        well spent and seems to be very effective - much more than what was
        available to the public previously.

        > A job well done and TX to all involved.

      • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
          RE: [MPD-5D] Re: Congrats... Yep, It May Be More Than A Broken Streetlight.

          Brian, your note of appreciation and your last comment, "Let's Notice it All and Report it All" is exactly why we will celebrate community partnerships (like the one we have with you) this week during National Night Out.  See www.mpdc.dc.gov/nno

          Thank you all for your dedication to a cleaner and safer community and working relationship with MPD, as well as the Mayors Office of Community Relations (MOCRS.dc.gov).

          Yvonne Smith
          Community Outreach

          I second that congrats to Commander Greene and the 502 team!  And thanks
          to you, x2j785, for reporting it.

          "In transit" and "abandoned" vehicles -- even w/ properly placed Temp
          Tags, may not be all that temporary or abandoned-- especially when
          parked close to Metro stations.  They may be serving as ready-to-go *zip
          cars for perps* and/or rolling lockers for weapons and/or drugs.

          Let's notice it all and report it all.

          brian
          on Newton/ 502

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "x2j785" <x2j785@...> wrote:

          > to Commander Greene and his crew for their response to mine on this
          forum. I, in all honesty, am mildly surprised that 'something' would
          have been done and done as swiftly as it was.

          > Although minor in comparison in crime stats, the minor ones can build
          into major ones. I have heard that the DCPD have the situation on their
          blotter for follow up.

          > I found this site through a WaPo article. It (this venue) is money
          well spent and seems to be very effective - much more than what was
          available to the public previously.

          > A job well done and TX to all involved.

        • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009