RE: [MPD-5D] "Abandoned car"

  • leslie strothers
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
      Thanks.

      --- On Wed, 7/1/09, Twine, Kevin (DPW) <kevin.twine@...> wrote:

      From: Twine, Kevin (DPW) <kevin.twine@...>
      Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] "Abandoned car"
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 8:40 AM

      Leslie:

      Yesterday, I did forward this to Parking Enforcement as well.

      Kevin B. Twine

      Staff Assistant

      Department of Public Works

      Office of the Director

      2000 14th Street, N.W.

      6th Floor

      Washington, DC 20009

      Ph: 202-671-2593

      Fx: 202-671-0642

      kevin.twine@ dc.gov

      From: Greene, Lamar (MPD) <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 3:05 PM

      Thanks we will be through!

              From: Twine, Kevin (DPW) <kevin.twine@ dc.gov>
              To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
              Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 2:45 PM

              Leslie:

              Is this the same car that you posted about on Friday?  As I responded on Friday, “send me the location and description and I’ll have someone look into it.”

              Regards,

              Kevin B. Twine

              Staff Assistant

              Department of Public Works

              Office of the Director

              2000 14th Street, N.W.

              6th Floor

              Washington , DC 20009

              Ph: 202-671-2593

              Fx: 202-671-0642

              kevin.twine@ dc.gov <http://us.mc656. mail.yahoo. com/mc/compose? to=kevin. twine2@dc. gov
              ____________ _________ _________ __

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
        Leslie:

        I apologize for the confusion. We did NOT tow the car that you
        mentioned. The report I rec'd is as follows:

        Investigator Austin responded to this request and reports the following findings for the vehicle noted:

        The vehicle has a current registration sticker, tags, and a current DMV sticker. The vehicle is in good condition and it is not stolen. There are no parking restrictions other than RRP and the vehicle has a current RPP sticker for Ward 5.

        The owner of the vehicle lives very near the location on 12th Street NE. 12th Street appears to be commercial zone with limited parking and it appears that the owner of the vehicle routinely parks around the corner on Girard St NE because of the limited parking on 12th Street NE.

        Results: No AVD violations were identified and no actions will be taken by the Abandoned Vehicle Division's Investigator Branch.

        Kevin B. Twine

        Staff Assistant

        Department of Public Works

        Office of the Director

        2000 14th Street, N.W.

        6th Floor

        Washington, DC 20009

        Ph: 202-671-2593

        Fx: 202-671-0642

        kevin.twine@... <mailto:kevin.twine2@...>

        ________________________________

        From: Greene, Lamar (MPD) <lamar.greene@...>
        To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 3:05 PM

        Thanks we will be through!

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
          Okay thanks for checking it out.

          kevin.twine@ dc.gov <mailto:kevin.twine2@ dc.gov>

          ____________ _________ _________ __

          From: Greene, Lamar (MPD) <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
          To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
          Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 3:05 PM

          Thanks we will be through!

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 2, 2009
            Thank you for the clarification and timely response. You guys are great!

            From: Greene, Lamar (MPD) <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
            To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
            Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 3:05 PM

            Thanks we will be through!

            Hello: my neighbor has been complaining to me about an
            "abandoned car" in front of their house. It has been there for two(2)
            weeks. The 311 number has been called twice. "Someone" came to look at
            the car - idea who it was. Is there anything else we can do? Car is
            gathering dust - any suggestions? Don't want to ignore it.

            Leslie on Girard

          • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 2, 2009
              Re: [MPD-5D] "Abandoned car"

              Three infants are missing from 2106 I street ne, they have been missing since 0845 hours 07/01/2009 reported to MPD at 0120hrs 07/02/09

              1.  Mykia Gray--- black female, DOB 02/03/2007 (2yrs old) black hair pony tail, light complexion

              2.  Kenyon Gay---black male, DOB 01-11-2009  (5months) brown eyes, very light (no clothing description)

              3.  Keith Gray--- black male, DOB 06-12-2005 (4yrs old) brown eyes, short hair, light complexed (no clothing description)

              The juveniles were left in the care of the mothers cousin:  Ms Toilynn Braxton---- Ms. Braxton is known to hang in the area of 14th street upper NW and Georgia Avenue corridor.

              No reason to believe foul play at this time the kids have never been missing before.

              Need citizens in both area of langston and the NW corridor to be vigilant and be on the lookout until they are located.

              Flyers are being prepared and disturbed soon

              Lamar D. Greene
              Commander
              Fifth District

                      kevin.twine@ dc.gov <http://us.mc656.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=kevin.twine%40dc.gov>  <mailto:kevin.twine2@ dc.gov > >