Domestic Violence Awareness Day at Nationals Park

  • Chase, Ayawna (COUNCIL)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2009

      Becky-Nats-ad1-cmyk(3)

      Please join us on July 3 for the FIRST ever Domestic Violence Awareness Day at Nationals Park in Washington D.C. !

      FOX 5 Morning Show Link: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/mornings/062909_domestic_violence_awareness_day

      Even if you are not able to come out to support the campaign to end domestic violence, please remember:  One in three (1 in 3) women -- OUR mothers, OUR sisters, and OUR daughters are being ABUSED – verbally, emotionally and physically.

      We all need to recognize and understand what domestic violence is.  Domestic Violence is a crime.  On the field Friday, July 3, at Nationals Park , DC Councilmember Harry “Tommy” Thomas, Jr. will present a resolution declaring July 3, 2009  “Domestic Violence Awareness Day at the Park.” We hope you will join us in taking a stand with Becky's Fund and the Nationals in declaring that domestic violence in unacceptable in our community!  If you cannot attend, please consider visiting www.beckysfund.org and making a donation that will go towards programs that prevent and address domestic violence today.

      Tune into WTOP Radio to hear more all week

      We will also be airing our PSA by 8112 Productions that will play at the game on several stations next week - so watch for it!

      Becky's Fund and the Washington Nationals invite you to join us on Friday, July 3, 2009 at Nationals Park for "Domestic Violence Awareness Day at the Park."   There is no better time than now to take a public stance in showing your support for the millions of people affected by domestic violence today.

      Please go to www.nationals.com/beckysfund  to buy your ticket now!