"Abandoned car"

  • leslie strothers
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 29, 2009
      Hello: my neighbor has been complaining to me about an "abandoned car" in front of their house. It has been there for two(2) weeks. The 311 number has been called twice. "Someone" came to look at the car - idea who it was. Is there anything else we can do? Car is gathering dust - any suggestions? Don't want to ignore it.

      Leslie on Girard

    • Thembi Butler
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 29, 2009

        I’d try filing an online service request at dc.gov rather than calling 311.  I seem to get better response that way, and you can track the resolution dates etc.

        Thembi Butler

        Metaformers, Inc.

        Mobile 202.431.1169| Thembi.Butler@...

        Hello: my neighbor has been complaining to me about an "abandoned car" in front of their house. It has been there for two(2) weeks. The 311 number has been called twice. "Someone" came to look at the car - idea who it was. Is there anything else we can do? Car is gathering dust - any suggestions? Don't want to ignore it.

        Leslie on Girard

      • Twine, Kevin (DPW)
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 29, 2009

          Leslie:

          Is this the same car that you posted about on Friday?  As I responded on Friday, “send me the location and description and I’ll have someone look into it.”

          Regards,

          Kevin B. Twine

          Staff Assistant

          Department of Public Works

          Office of the Director

          2000 14th Street, N.W.

          6th Floor

          Washington, DC 20009

          Ph: 202-671-2593

          Fx: 202-671-0642

          kevin.twine@...

          Hello: my neighbor has been complaining to me about an "abandoned car" in front of their house. It has been there for two(2) weeks. The 311 number has been called twice. "Someone" came to look at the car - idea who it was. Is there anything else we can do? Car is gathering dust - any suggestions? Don't want to ignore it.

          Leslie on Girard

        • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 29, 2009
            Re: [MPD-5D] "Abandoned car"

            What address on girard?

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 29, 2009
              okay thanks.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 29, 2009
                Probably,  it is in front of 1223 Girard Street N.E.
                I will email you the description tonight.
                Thanks.

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
                  Location: 1223 Girard Street N.E.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
                    Re: [MPD-5D] "Abandoned car"

                    Thanks we will be through!

                            kevin.twine@ dc.gov <http://us.mc656.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=kevin.twine2@...
                            ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
                      Thank you for your timely response!

                              From: Twine, Kevin (DPW) <kevin.twine@ dc.gov>
                              To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
                              Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 2:45 PM

                              kevin.twine@ dc.gov <http://us.mc656. mail.yahoo. com/mc/compose? to=kevin. twine2@dc. gov
                              ____________ _________ _________ __

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009

                        Leslie:

                        Yesterday, I did forward this to Parking Enforcement as well.

                        Kevin B. Twine

                        Staff Assistant

                        Department of Public Works

                        Office of the Director

                        2000 14th Street, N.W.

                        6th Floor

                        Washington, DC 20009

                        Ph: 202-671-2593

                        Fx: 202-671-0642

                        kevin.twine@...

                        From: Greene, Lamar (MPD) <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
                        To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
                        Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 3:05 PM

                        Thanks we will be through!

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009

                          Leslie:

                          I was just informed by Parking Enforcement that we towed the vehicle yesterday.

                          Kevin B. Twine

                          Staff Assistant

                          Department of Public Works

                          Office of the Director

                          2000 14th Street, N.W.

                          6th Floor

                          Washington, DC 20009

                          Ph: 202-671-2593

                          Fx: 202-671-0642

                          kevin.twine@...

                          From: Greene, Lamar (MPD) <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
                          To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
                          Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 3:05 PM

                          Thanks we will be through!

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
                            Thanks.

                            From: Greene, Lamar (MPD) <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
                            To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
                            Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 3:05 PM

                            Thanks we will be through!

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
                              Leslie:

                              I apologize for the confusion. We did NOT tow the car that you
                              mentioned. The report I rec'd is as follows:

                              Investigator Austin responded to this request and reports the following findings for the vehicle noted:

                              The vehicle has a current registration sticker, tags, and a current DMV sticker. The vehicle is in good condition and it is not stolen. There are no parking restrictions other than RRP and the vehicle has a current RPP sticker for Ward 5.

                              The owner of the vehicle lives very near the location on 12th Street NE. 12th Street appears to be commercial zone with limited parking and it appears that the owner of the vehicle routinely parks around the corner on Girard St NE because of the limited parking on 12th Street NE.

                              Results: No AVD violations were identified and no actions will be taken by the Abandoned Vehicle Division's Investigator Branch.

                              Kevin B. Twine

                              Staff Assistant

                              Department of Public Works

                              Office of the Director

                              2000 14th Street, N.W.

                              6th Floor

                              Washington, DC 20009

                              Ph: 202-671-2593

                              Fx: 202-671-0642

                              kevin.twine@... <mailto:kevin.twine2@...>

                              ________________________________

                              From: Greene, Lamar (MPD) <lamar.greene@...>
                              To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
                              Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 3:05 PM

                              Thanks we will be through!

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
                                Okay thanks for checking it out.

                                kevin.twine@ dc.gov <mailto:kevin.twine2@ dc.gov>

                                ____________ _________ _________ __

                                From: Greene, Lamar (MPD) <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
                                To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
                                Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 3:05 PM

                                Thanks we will be through!

                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 2, 2009
                                  Thank you for the clarification and timely response. You guys are great!

                                  From: Greene, Lamar (MPD) <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
                                  To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
                                  Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 3:05 PM

                                  Thanks we will be through!

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 2, 2009
                                    Re: [MPD-5D] "Abandoned car"

                                    Three infants are missing from 2106 I street ne, they have been missing since 0845 hours 07/01/2009 reported to MPD at 0120hrs 07/02/09

                                    1.  Mykia Gray--- black female, DOB 02/03/2007 (2yrs old) black hair pony tail, light complexion

                                    2.  Kenyon Gay---black male, DOB 01-11-2009  (5months) brown eyes, very light (no clothing description)

                                    3.  Keith Gray--- black male, DOB 06-12-2005 (4yrs old) brown eyes, short hair, light complexed (no clothing description)

                                    The juveniles were left in the care of the mothers cousin:  Ms Toilynn Braxton---- Ms. Braxton is known to hang in the area of 14th street upper NW and Georgia Avenue corridor.

                                    No reason to believe foul play at this time the kids have never been missing before.

                                    Need citizens in both area of langston and the NW corridor to be vigilant and be on the lookout until they are located.

                                    Flyers are being prepared and disturbed soon

                                    Lamar D. Greene
                                    Commander
                                    Fifth District

                                            kevin.twine@ dc.gov <http://us.mc656.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=kevin.twine%40dc.gov>  <mailto:kevin.twine2@ dc.gov > >