Traffic Advisory: Benning Road, NE Curb Lane Paving

  • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2009

      See Traffic Advisory Below.

      From: Groomes, Diane (MPD)
      Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 3:20 PM
      To: Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
      Subject: FW: DDOT Traffic Advisory: Benning Road, NE Curb Lane Paving

      need to post to 1d 5d 6d

      For Immediate Release

      Thursday, June 4, 2009

      John Lisle at (202)671-2004

      ***TRAFFIC ADVISORY***

      Benning Road, NE Curb Lane Paving

      Eastbound Traffic will be Restricted to One Lane on Friday, June 5

      ( Washington , D.C. ) The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is scheduled to pave the curb lane on the eastbound side of Benning Road, NE , between 18th and 21st Streets, on Friday, June 5.  Eastbound traffic on these blocks will be restricted to one lane from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  The work is expected to be completed in one day, weather permitting.

      The Metrobus stops at 19th and 21st Streets will remain in use, and flaggers will be on hand at the bus stops to assist bus passengers.

      We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the construction.  Mayor Adrian M. Fenty and DDOT Director Gabe Klein have made it a priority to expedite the work on Benning Road .  Crews are now working double shifts to complete the paving of two lanes from 16th Street to Oklahoma Avenue by mid-August.  For more information about the project, please visit our website at www.ddot.dc.gov.

      ####