Stolen Bike

  • kuhowes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
      My garage was broken into and my bike was stolen Monday afternoon.
      The bike is unique - not a common brand, and not made anymore.
      It is an Alpinestars Cro-Mega. It is red and it is a 12" frame - for short people - I am 5'0".

      Here is a link to an exact picture:
      http://mombat.org/1991_Alpinestars.htm

      Red "Alpinestars Cro-Mega"
      Has a white water bottle cage under the frame (won't fit anywhere else)
      Bendable mirror attached to handle bars
      black gel seat cover with a tear in it (so the white seat is not visible)
      Has a U shaped Kryptonite lock attached to the seat post.
      Has black plastic toeclips

      I filed a police report and would love to get it back. I can not replace it.

      Holly
      kuhowes at yahoo dot com
    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
        Re: [MPD-5D] Stolen Bike

        Sorry to hear about the theft, this is a unique bike, I will pass onto patrol officers to be on the lookout.  Where do you live ?

        http://mombat.org/1991_Alpinestars.htm <http://mombat.org/1991_Alpinestars.htm>

        Red "Alpinestars Cro-Mega"
        Has a white water bottle cage under the frame (won't fit anywhere else)
        Bendable mirror attached to handle bars
        black gel seat cover with a tear in it (so the white seat is not visible)
        Has a U shaped Kryptonite lock attached to the seat post.
        Has black plastic toeclips

        I filed a police report and would love to get it back. I can not replace it.

        Holly
        kuhowes at yahoo dot com

      • Holly Howe
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
          13th St., SE right across from Potomac Gardens

          I think it was kids, to be honest.  They climbed the light pole, got on my garage, and climbed down a tree in my backyard.  They have done it before, but we have been pretty good about keeping the garage door locked.  It was not locked however yesterday afternoon as fate would have it, so he/she went in, opened the big garage door and rode off on my bike - pink helmet attached and all. It makes me really sad.  I use that bike everyday.
          Thanks for looking out for it.
          I really appreciate it.
          Holly

[...]

        • Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)